• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some tips needed for DSM

Dominik K

Hi all

I am doing a Dry Start method for my tank.
Its a 60x30x36

The plants I'm using is: Eleocharis Acicularis 'Mini' and some Lilaeopsis brasiliensis at the back of the tank and some Riccardia chamedryfolia.

So my question is.
When misting/watering - Do I just use tap water? Or should I use like aqua safe / fertiliser water?

I've been doing some digging but the discussion seems to be around misting / keeping unsealed or not but I haven't come across any details regarding what water best to use.

Misting seems to be the most popular method although i have done dozens without a single spray.
I think misting is so popular because folk like to be proactive and do something and i understand that.
So use rain water to spray, you can add a few drops of fertiliser if you want but make sure it is a very weak mix.
The most important thing is keeping very high humidity inside the tank.

Hi all

I am doing a Dry Start method for my tank.
Its a 60x30x36

The plants I'm using is: Eleocharis Acicularis 'Mini' and some Lilaeopsis brasiliensis at the back of the tank and some Riccardia chamedryfolia.

So my question is.
When misting/watering - Do I just use tap water? Or should I use like aqua safe / fertiliser water?

I've been doing some digging but the discussion seems to be around misting / keeping unsealed or not but I haven't come across any details regarding what water best to use.
Hi all,
I think you should definitely add springtails to the aquarium. They are some kind of harmless insect. Thus, even if there is high humidity in the aquarium, it will not mold. I also recommend Dooa Wabi Kusa Mist as a nutritional supplement. Finally, make sure to ventilate the aquarium thoroughly at least once a day. I hope you have a great aquarium. With love.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Back