• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

some phototips

Paulus

i need tips. i can;t get my tank on the photos how i want. somehow the photos are always different then the tank in real life. an can';t get the colors right :(

i am using a Sony A300 camera. more people using this camera or have some good tips? what settings are you using?

If your camera has it, shoot in RAW mode as opposed to jpeg and convert photos in some raw processing software. This will give you more control over the colours.

Hi,
Another option is to set a dedicated Custom White Balance using a white or grey card. Check your cameras user guide in the white balance section (chapter 5?) to see if this capability is available for this model. A technique for Nikons is described in the following thread but the technique should be very similar for just about any model with this function=> Tank Photo Editing
This allows you to shoot in jpg with minimal colour balance adjustment if you don't have a RAW converter program or if you find handling RAW an inconvenience.

Once you set this CWB it's only valid for the exact combination of lights in the tank. If you change the bulb combination you'll have to re-do the calibration.

Cheers,

Back