• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

some people make me sick!

Danny

Sold my big piece of wood to some guy a few weeks ago who has now opened a paypal claim claiming the wood has poisoned his tank!
As with most new and even old bits of wood he has said it has a slime on it, this is nothing to worry about but he reckens this has caused his nitrates to go through the roof and killed all of his fish!

Chances are whoever at paypal reads the dispute will not have a clue about aquariums and wood and will just decide in his favour ffs

What is wrong with some people, guy is bloody clueless :twisted:

what he is saying is possible. Doubtful though. Stick to your guns and make the situation clear to the claims people. Good luck.

To wipe out his tank the nitrates would need to be 150+, I have had tanks crammed solid with slimy wood and never had a problem. The guy obviously either feeds to much or does not do regular water changes or both and properly means nitrite not nitrate.

Just a quick google of "bogwood slime" shows it is nothing to worry about ffs

Did you sell it via eBay
Do you have any pics of it in your tank to show it didn't harm your aquarium? Does he have photos of his dead fish your piece of wood and a nitrate test?
If not kindly tip him Bulllllllsh**

i agree that nitrate as a killer is a long shot although the wood can harbour other nasty things that your fish are immune to....

It was listed on ebay but sold off ebay if you know what I mean directly via paypal, never had any live stock in the tank with it as decided to get rid of it and go with the current slate, guy is obviously a doughnut.

Doubt paypal would be interested in pics of dead fish and nitrate test as he is claiming not as described and that the wood can not be bog wood and aquarium safe because it got the slime on it, hopefully whoever reads the case will actually read my replies and follow links to info on the slime being harmless and that it just naturally happens.

It was listed on ebay, but sold off ebay? hahaha, the guy does not have a leg to stand on, even if the wood has poisoned the tank.

Did ebay contacted you with the case? If you sell something off ebay you cannot use ebay as a resolution, you can use paypal, if it was a business transaction, but not if the money was sent as gift..

legaally he'd need to have solid proof that his N03 (done with lab test kits) and sent the wood off for tesing...you need proof when it comes to the law. This bloke hasn't a leg to stand on IMO.

i agree not a leg to stand on, he should have pre soaked your wood first and scrubbed it clean then tested water before putting it in with his livestock.

I can't see Nitrate killing the fish unless it was very high for months and even then i'm not sure this would kill the fish.

One reason not to sell outside of eBay though, was it paid via Goods or Gift?

Paid via goods through paypal then the listing was ended, would not be so pissed if it was a few quid but it was £80 and cost me £10 to courier it to him, will be interesting to see what paypal say about this as he has opened the case for item not as described and goes on to say it is not bogwood and has poisoned his tank etc and he wants a refund and will send back the wood.

For all I know he might send back a sack of gravel but as long as he has proff of sending it/something back paypal would refund him.

I have told him as politely as I can ( for paypal's sake when the read it ) that it is no way down to the wood and if anything a lack of water changes and over feeding is the issue not the wood ( not directly saying he is a blahblahblahblah and not looked after his tank properly ) would love to just tell him to blahblahblahblah off he is a dumb coont but paypal will defo side with him if I did lol

They will look at prior info on this person, and if he uses paypal a lot more than you, I bet you it falls in his favour.

Its all about the money.. Money. Everyone wants your money, money.

If he is making them more than you, then good luck :D

my bet is it didnt fit in his tank or something and now wants a refund. However IME paypal are very reluctant to intervene in these situations, i tried a while back and the outcome was they are not responsible for ensuring the goods are correct and to talk to my CC company to claim for an online transaction...they only provide financial security for online payment details not goods but then maybe they fobbed me off?

I think they fobbed you off......I have had refunds for broken items and items not as described but really not as described.

I think you are right and he could nit fit in it as I could not fit it how I wanted it so sold it lol needs a 6x3x3 to get it in properly or a braceless 4x3x3 lol

If it was me I'd ask him if you could have the wood back.... So you can whack him over the head with it! Not that I'm a violent UKAPS member or anything like that :wideyed:

somethingfishy said:
Whitey89 said:
I on the other hand.. Am. Borderline psychotic in fact :twisted:

Hahaha those clips you sold me (have not arrived yet) but im sure they are perfect :angelic: no complaints from me ... please put the bat down now :crazy: :lol:

Oh my, I completely forgot about these. Im having a mare with work at the moment. Will send them tomorrow dave ;)

Back