• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Some of my favourite fish photos

George Farmer said:
Antipofish said:
George Farmer said:
Thanks for the reminder. I've just PM'd the winner.

Dont we all get to know who won then ? :p
Sure, if they want to share then I'm sure they'll post here soon enough. :)

LOL Thats not fair :twisted: ! We all contributed our comments and expert (haha) critiques ( :geek: ) and have been waiting with baited breath to know who won, now FESS UP ! Who's the winner ? Knowing / guessing who will win, and what rediculous choice they made is half the fun !!!:rolleyes:

:shh: .......... DRUM ROLL........ 'twas me! :D
Thanks George!
All nice photos, and of some lesser seen fish too.

I enjoyed somethingfishy's trip down memory lane post:
"For me it has to be the stickleback, as it evokes memories of hot summer days, soggy trainers with a jam jar trying to catch them." took me there too, not forgetting the smelly mud!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ha I thought the competition was post your own pictures :p was curious how anybody had won :lol: ah an now I sound like a suck up, but the oranda is still pretty damn cool photo! still reckon its a painting :p

Ady34 said:
:shh: .......... DRUM ROLL........ 'twas me! :D
Thanks George!
All nice photos, and of some lesser seen fish too.

I enjoyed somethingfishy's trip down memory lane post:
"For me it has to be the stickleback, as it evokes memories of hot summer days, soggy trainers with a jam jar trying to catch them." took me there too, not forgetting the smelly mud!
Cheerio,
Ady.

LOL Ady, but YOUR comments were rubbish !!! hahaha. You won because you liked more of the pics than anyone else :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just kidding guys :lol: I enjoyed this thread. Great to see good pics of some lovely fish (and some ugly buggers... that Oranda is going to give me nightmares ! I reckon we should have a monthly fish pic competition (with the winner not having to announce themselves) hahahahah....

I know of a few smaller forums that do that, members can post their favourite fish related picture and the public votes :) though can be quite a bit of work with people having to organise votes and the pictures, oh and all anonymous of course

They are cracking shots! My favourite shot has to be the penguin tetra. I just got a shoal of 25 and what a fish. The schooling behaviour is unbelievable special when one of my geophagus is near.

Derek Tweedie said:
They are cracking shots! My favourite shot has to be the penguin tetra. I just got a shoal of 25 and what a fish. The schooling behaviour is unbelievable special when one of my geophagus is near.

Now THAT would be worth putting on a movie clip !

George,
i was just thinking out of interest which of these photos is your personal favourite and why?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Love the CPD pic George.
Such an interesting fish and great looking, for such a small fish!
That shot really manages to catch the whole "celestial" part of the fish perfectly.
Wonder why its coloured like that...

Wish I could have some, but heard they're the best shrimp fry hunters around. :lol:
Great little fish, and a great shot.

probably has those colouring to blend in with dappled sun lit surroundings.

I believe the CPD is captive bred and therefore a man made morph than wild? could be wrong!

i like the comp om the pleco and the oranda for the lighting . the movement captured with the galaxy rasbora is nice , would have been a winner if the negative space was ahead of the fish rather than behind it

Back