• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solufeed tec hardness issue

megladon

Around a month ago I've swopped over to solufeed tec for my micro mix, and now lost nearly all my more sensitive plants, namely syngonanthus macrocaulon and ludwigia pantanal. It's a softwater set up that's been running for about a year dkh 1, dgh 6, po4 1, no3 10, co2 injected through reactor, ph drops from 6.9 to 5.7 daily. The only change I've noticed in water chemistry is that my kh now rises from 1dkh to 3dkh by the end of the week before a water change. Is that down to the tec? I can't see why it would from the contents. Dosing is daily through dosing pump. Any idea would be appreciated

If you are using an active aquasoil type substrate in the tank then any carbonate hardness that it has absorbed over the year is now being released as the dosed ferts are preferentially being uptaken in place of the carbonates. Once the substrate has fully swapped out the carbonates for the ferts over time then it should stabilise again and stop contributing to increasing dKH.

Back