• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid valve

mjbarnard

I have an Aquamedic M-Ventil Pulse Solenoid valve which is only a few months old but is stuck open. Luckily I recognised it a couple of days ago when looking at the drop checker in the morning before leaving for work. The fish didnt look too happy. Since there are several hundred pounds of Discus fish, this was fortuitous.

I have googled and discovered this is well recognised. I have taken the valve apart and tried cleaning, lubricating etc, but no good. I wont bore with details here, but basically due to observations of barrel behaviour when switched on/off which is different to plugged/unplugged and different from attached to valve diaphragm or not, have concluded that it is irretrievably faulty.

For various reasons not going to pursue replacement.

Can anyone kindly advise their recommended best high quality solenoid valve? I bought the m ventil pulse on recommendation and because it says only uses pulse electricity during switching so less likely to overheat. Happy to buy another one on basis this was one off, but do you have other recommendations? ADC have Ruwal in stock, and Tropical and Marines have Deltec. TGM have standard (non-pulse) Aquamedic. Stock on AE etc, seems low/none.

Thanks
Matthew

Alastair said:
I know a few people use the Luna pet ones off eBay from Germany mate...might be worth a shot. Quite cheap too

i second that, using one which is on loan as my cheap died. Lovely bit of german engineering.

also the JBL Ones arent bad, if a little over priced

check out m&m international. Im using one of theres , had no problems and theres loads to choose from.

Thanks 3madstaffs, that's really helpful. They look good quality. Which one are you using, and what size connecting thread did you choose?

not absoltely sure on that as mine came with a gauge i bought , my model number is 249 dbh but think the newer one is 249 dvh which looks the same as mine but not sure on the size 1/4 or 1/8 . you can get the fittings then to match your gauge at most good hardware shops. ive got mine direct onto gauge then on other end an air line tail , with the co2 tube shrunk on hope this is of some use.

Hi
I would ask for a refund asap and give them your answer as this.
It is not fit for the purpose it was paid for.
It as inherent fault.
Let them prove it has not...then take it from there.
Don't be fobbed off.
hoggie

Back