• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid transformer help

Million

Hi all,

I have a second hand JBL ProFlora system with solenoid from mainland Europe. It came with a transformer which is bulky, heavy, and has a European two pin plug. When attached to a multi plug extension via a euro-uk adaptor it's really ungainly. I'd like to replace the transformer with one that has a native plug to cut the faff. I don't know much about electronics. The solenoid cable plugs into the transformer using a small asymmetric two pin connector I recognize from an Ikea bedside light I have. The photos hopefully illustrate what I'm talking about well enough.

Can anyone help me find an appropriate transformer please?
20170305_214333-01.png
20170305_214408-01.png
20170305_214342-01.png

The fastest is to just cut the plug off and connect the wires to a 12v supply. Shouldn't be too hard to find since that's a pretty common voltage for quite a number of electric or electronic devices. That's what I did for mine with a 12v supply I found lying about.

ps. If you're the who doesn't like wasting perfectly good but currently unusable things, cut the connector leaving about 2 - 3" of wire so that it can be rewired to something else in future.

Back