• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid that doesnt close properly

Hi

I bought a happy smiley corp solenoid off ebay however it doesnt close properly. I seem to leaking about a bubble every ten seconds. In a large tank that wouldn't be a problem however this is on my fluval chi so water params are somewhat less forgiving.

Is there anything I can do or is it knackered?

Cheers,

Si

The solenoid is spring loaded, you could carefully open it stretch the spring and reassamble it.. In most cases this solves the problem. If not inspect the o-ring on the piston. If you are not confident enough to do this, buying a new one is the next best option.

Hi MooseOnDaLoose,

I was wondering which solenoid you ordered? I'm thinking of building a co2 system that automatically turns off at night. I'm going to use a timer and a solenoid valve.
There are so much solenoid valves available. But I think I have to use a plastic valve.
I'm afraid the solenoid valve will leak co2 during the night. Do you have any experience with that?

I was thinking maybe this valve will do the job.
https://tameson.co.uk/solenoid-valv...d-valve-2way-014inch-nylon-0p2-10bar-nbr.html

So it turned its pressure related. On DIY co2 there doesnt seem to be enough pressure for the chinese knock off so they dont close properly.

At 2.5+ bar pressure they work ok, under that they leak. I've now moved to a soda stream setup from co2 supermarket and it seals properly and quickly

Back