• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solenoid on Tropica Co2 Nano System?

fishkeeper1

Hi all,
Im sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt find an anwser on the forum already.
Im using a Tropica Co2 Nano System and woundering do i run this for 24hrs a day or should i conect up a solenoid to it?
This is for a 25 litre planted tank
Thank you.

I haven’t used one before, but no, I wouldn’t recommend running your CO2 for 24hrs.
I assume these are designed to rely on you turning it off manually.

Wont work, when solenoid turns off the pressure in the tubing builds up and blows the pipe off.

The nano systems use "flow valves" to regulate the tank flow, either a small hole in metal plate or metal sponge that limits the gas flow, not really a regulator.

You can leave it running 24/7, shouldn't be an issue but you will be wasting more than 50% of your gas, so really needs turning on an off each day.

Wont work, when solenoid turns off the pressure in the tubing builds up and blows the pipe off.

The nano systems use "flow valves" to regulate the tank flow, either a small hole in metal plate or metal sponge that limits the gas flow, not really a regulator.

You can leave it running 24/7, shouldn't be an issue but you will be wasting more than 50% of your gas, so really needs turning on an off each day.
Thank you for the advise I think I will upgrade to another proper Co2 kit in a few months maybe when I understand it a bit more.

CO2 Supermarket do a nano kit with solenoid but for the price you could get a regulator set for a lot more bigger bottle CO2 fire extinguisher or 600gmig welding bottle
The CO2Supermarket nano system is the way to go, if you require a solenoid on a small disposable bottle. The solenoid is built into the valve/flow regulator, thus no piping to pressurise up, so no issues.

I have a CO2Supermarket single stage regulator from 2012 and works fine. Now on my 32nd fire extinguisher since starting CO2....

Back