• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Soda Stream Canister- How long would it last on a nano tank (there abouts?) nano tank 35 ltrs.

I'm running my 50l aquarium at 1bps using a Pro SE and paintball adaptor. Started using it mid December and the gas has hardly gone down. I am expecting for it to last for at least 6 months at this rate. I use sodastream because the adaptor has a tap, making removal and setup really easy; also sodastream are easily bought via Amazon and several retail outlets. Finally, the canister fits perfectly in a bicycle drink cage!

Attachments

• 16158330489891763699423556575157.jpg
    16158330489891763699423556575157.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 185
How do you guys get your Sodastream last that long while i can only manage to get mine max 4weeks. I've checked and didn't find any leaks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

How do you guys get your Sodastream last that long while i can only manage to get mine max 4weeks. I've checked and didn't find any leaks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It could be your regulator isn't very static in holding set pressure and then you'll have an irregular bps. Depending on where you store the bottle temperature could be an ussie. CO² pressure increases rather drastically when temperature increases

This can go gradually over the day up and down again without notice... :) To find out get yourself High/Low thermometer and place it close to the bottle. It keeps and displays the highest and lowest measured temperature during the day. If the temperature fluctuates significantly over the day try to put the bottle in a place with a rather steady temperature. Or use other ways to keep it steady...

Anyway, the cause of irregular bps is always in the regulator...

Another way to find out if bps is irregular for whatever reason is permanent pH monitoring. You could spend some time doing this manually with a pocket meter once every hour for a couple of days. Or invest in a permanent Ph meter that logs the results.

If you can find out with a stopwatch and counting bubbles once every hour isn't very accurate, but maybe worth a try... But if you have no leaks, a better quality regulator likely is the solution.

Last edited:
Back