• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

So many questions in one ?

gh()st1975

Hi All, Firstly my apologies if I'm asking in these questions in the wrong place, I'm fairly new to aqua scaping but have the bug really bad, I have gone from a 30 litre cube to a 90 litre tank to a 300 litre tank and now a 400 litre tank in about a year, Mostly have had really good success but my most recent tank has a sump and not a filter. The tank in general is doing fairly well as far as the fish are concerned and my water is showing all the right levels when testing, my question though is all my Anubis plants are going very dark green in colour and look like they have algae growing on them however this does not come off with cleaning/scraping/brushing etc. I first thought I have green spot algae but this just does not move at all, now my hardwoods and stone have all started turning green as well and so too do not rub clean with anything like brushes etc. Please can you advise what is the best method if there is one at dealing with this, A dark out perhaps although I have never done this and don't know how it affects the fish at all. I am dosing co2 into the sump right by the pump so it shows in my photos attached all the bubbles. I also have air stones going on the far side of the tank due to keeping rainbows. Any advise gladly received to get rid of this green everywhere. Next question again if I may, my amazon swords look like they are been eating by a pest but I don't see anything apart from a couple really small snails , I remove any other snails I see as I hate them in general and my last question is about my Madagascan lace plant, it's leaves are turning a yellowish brown colour and I wonder if this is not enough light or too much ?
IMG_6876.jpg
IMG_6877.jpg
IMG_6882.jpg
IMG_6883.jpg
IMG_6878.jpg
IMG_6874.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpg
    IMG_6879.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6881.jpg
    IMG_6881.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 45

Hi, I have had a read the algae help thread and not sure if that caters for the green I see currently as I say it does not come off with brushing etc, the tank is a 400 litre tank 60x60x120 with a 160 litre sump, tank is approximately 3 months old however most of the plants used were all established plants from previous setups, wood was mixture of new and original from 300 litre setup, one piece I acquired was kept outside for a while so wondering if that is where the green algae has come from. Just cant seem to budge it :(

Hiya mate. So difficult to tell from the pictures and @GHNelson was asking the questions for a reason.

The plants to my eyes look like they are deficient in either Magnesium. Iron or nitrate. But we need to know specifics of the tank. Gsa on hard scape is generally a result of to much light, again, without much info of the light we are guessing 😉

Anubias and sword plants should be easy, light and C02 we can rule out, in most cases... so probably too much of A, not enough of B, and maybe too much C.

😀

Back