• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SNOW!!!!

I've still got snow on the ground and it's forecast to start again about 7pm!!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed that it's a good foot thick this time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still have a thick snow covering on one side of my garden which is shaded from the winter sun by a fence.

However small flakes in the sky again now ;)

AC

Still plenty here.... :D

snow-sunrise-crop.jpg

Man its properly snowing this time !!! Last week we had a lot and it was quite heavy but this is coming down much quicker and thicker.

Kids are gonna love the walk to nursery tomorrow. lol Best leave ¼hour earlier again ;)

AC

We only had a dusting last night and now it's raining on the cold ground! Really looking forward to the commute to school tomorrow! Just have to hope that the forecast snow arrives about 9pm and snows me in!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

well for those of us who want more snow ,,,, theres hope still though mostly here in scotland.
theres more snow set for tomorrow / friday for up here.
but this entire week and most of last scotland has been colder than iceland with temps as low as -20 at least where i live. as half the loch here froze and its scotlands largest lowland loch.

i am off out in the wee early hours of tomorrow 6:30 to get up to the loch and settle in my usual hiding haunts for when i take wildlife shots ( though its to be -8 while i am out lol ) and when i go i travel light , no ruck sacks with coffee or tea or food etc , just my camera equipment and my tri pod thats it pmsl. with any luck the loch is still frozen a bit as it was stunning to see especially as its the first time in my life this has happened.

Well, we had snow here in Leicestershire today, nothing like Scotland but snow none the less.

Yesterday the neighbours and I dug out the lane for a pathway for the cars that had been abandoned on a slight incline and couldn't make it to their drives. Looked like a car park and there shouldn't be any parking on the road, but that wasn't a problem as we couldn't see where the road started anyway :lol: .

This morning it was like an ice rink and, in hindsight, we probably been better to leave it. I've not seen my lawn for 10 days and nearly lost my car a couple of times but managed to dig it out. Last week I worked one day. No sign of a thaw yet but when it comes I hope its slow or we could end up with a flood in the village.

Ironically within the village we house the district council's gritting lorries and snow ploughs but they will not grit the roads within the village as they've had complaints (in years past) of the grit damaging cars!

If you are lucky enough to get out of the village its clear.

We only had one day and night where it snowed :( maybe the air is salty? I live by the sea.

On the one day it snowed though, we couldn't go out, as we live on a very steep hill, and the road was impassable because it was so slippery. We hung out round our neighbours house in the morning, and then they came to our house in the afternoon. We both have toddlers who get in a bad mood if they don't get a change of scene every now and again!

The next day, all the snow and all the ice had vanished by lunchtime.

Itttt's SNOWING again :D :D :D
Been going steady for the past hour, forecast says it's going to carry on into the evening!

Has been all day here, not sticking though fingers crossed it sorts it act out for my birthday tomorrow.

Back