• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small Shallow Tank, Inspiration Required!

noodlesuk

Hi All

I've got a fairly small shallow tank (200x200x100mm) 4L. I'd fancied doing something like this with it <GF Shallow Iwagumi>, but then seeing dome other DOOA based tanks, wonder if I should be more adventurous, with some emersed growth too? After some inspiration from owners of other shallow square tanks. Currently just added some soil to look at the blank canvas. Filter type TBC. Thanks.

IMG20210913215450.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a great idea, never new that was a thing. Looking around there seem to be some very nice examples, like this from Stefan Mercatz trên Instagram: “Das Südafrika-Wabikusa nach drei Monaten. #shallowtank #dooaneoglassair #dooa … | Aquascape aquarium, Terrarium, Carnivorous plants

View attachment 174338
Yeah I would have put some links in but it's not something I've considered doing so haven't kept track of any. There are lots of really nice examples out there though.
I think with the depth of water you have, emersed growth will help give more impact and make the most of the total foot print.

Back