• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Slow Non Co2.....40cm x 40cm Cube!

Hi Tim
I just ramp it up or down manually......below is the lowest setting although I would like it to be even dimmer!
This is the one I've left on all night!
night-image-aquaone-cube-small-jpg.jpg

hoggie

nice looking jungle , do you find the light is way too much for the tank ? thinking of one so that i have the lights covered for a while even if i upgrade tank size later

Hi Crew
Sourced this plant Cryptocoryne sp affinis from a fellow who has had it in his aquarium for 30 years!
Not cheap...but worth it....has lovely colour and bulleted leaves!
Needs some TLC....to get it up to its best!
A quick picture
Crypt Affinis 2 (Small).jpg

hoggie

Hi
12 day Update!
Removed the Limnophila sessiliflora and replaced with Cryptocoryne sp affinis!
Also added two small Cryptocoryne sp undulatus red!
Ludwigia sp glandulosa is exhibiting crinkled new leaf growth so I am positive its down to lack of Co2!
Will probably remove this plant....add something else!
Rotala sp macranda is holding its own.....quite surprised at that:thumbup:.....purchased Crypt sp balansae from a member unfortunately they are too long/large added some temporarily!
hoggie

Hi
20 day update!
Added some coral moss....two Bucephalandra have flower spikes:happy:.
Crypt sp affinis has been added mid ground centre.
Some slight algae issues....this is expected with such long lighting periods....a little collage below!
AqauOne Cube Collage..jpg

hoggie

Hi
Thanks for the nice comment.....Indeed I add a bespoke Macro/Micros!
Mostly a All in One solution....plus occasional PO4.
Added some MgSo4 today as I observed some new leaf growth are a tad twisted...but this could be down to non Co2 injection!
Cheers
hoggie

Love these jungle style tanks hoggie. Quite an impressive plant list for an 40x40x40 tank. Are there only a couple of stems from each plant?.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Hi. You tested your water from tank. What parametrs?
Not really just do 50% water changes every few weeks!
Nitrate is about 50ppm!
Not sure about the other parameters!
Water from tap is very hard....Ph about 7.5
Cheers
hoggie

Love these jungle style tanks hoggie. Quite an impressive plant list for an 40x40x40 tank. Are there only a couple of stems from each plant?.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk
Never really counted them!
Probably more of some and less of others.....;)

Little up date ;)
50% Water change today:thumbup:
Did a touch of gardening....chopped the Rotala sp rotundifolia down to a couple of inches.
Hygrophila difformis.....was getting a tad ropey so did some tree surgery on that also.....Bucces have produced 5 spathes in the last few weeks:happy:
Collage Aqua One Buce Spathe..jpg

Cheers
hoggie

Attachments

• Collage Aqua One Buce Spathe..jpg
    Collage Aqua One Buce Spathe..jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 101
Back