• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

slow growing 200l 1 year on

naz

IMG_20160807_46601.jpg

hey forum
haven't posted on hear for a while still been in the hobbie I can't get enough of just gone of the high demanding tanks now,have not got enough time with work and that,tryed the Dutch thing and fast growing stem plants,now I'm just in to the slow growing low maintenance no hassle tanks,this is wot this is,I have not done a water change on this for the last 2 months all I do is replace the evaporated water every week,I have minimum algea in this tank just a slight bit of green spot on the front of the tank that I clean of once a week,other than that it has none.

Here's some info about the tank...the tank is a 200l optiwhite tank with a diy ada style cabinet that I made it has a herbie style over flow with a sealed wet and dry sump the same as tom barr,I designed this tank on his set up,it is run on co2,with an external reactor running at about 2bps,it have 2 tmc 1500 tile running at 40% so it running pretty low light,the tank has been running for about a year now,so the bacteria in the filters and the substate has matured,this is why I think it is so low maintenance,which is great,for got to say that I'm running this tank on ro water with seachem equilibrium + a little bit of bicarbonate soda trying to get 4dkh and gh of 3 the quality of the pictures are not great ....

That looks absolutely awesome, I'd love to have something like that in my living room :) also seems you've got the low tech angle sorted! Will be watching this thread for inspiration :)

This looks awesome, can you post more photos of the sump please? Would be very interested to see how that all works...

We're moving house in the next couple of weeks so I'm going to be setting up a low maintenance sumped tank in the next couple of months...

Lovely tank!

Which carpeting plant is that? How often do you trim it?

How about co2?

Hi rebel,Not shore what carpeting plant it is sorry,I know it is not hc it looks similar to hc just leaves are a tiny little bit bigger. it is about 2 inches thick I have only trimmed it once in 1 year that I have had the tank running.
The co2 is running at about 2 bps,I've tryed running it at 5 or 6 bps not seen that much more improvement in the tank so keep it at 2bps...

Hi rebel,Not shore what carpeting plant it is sorry,I know it is not hc it looks similar to hc just leaves are a tiny little bit bigger. it is about 2 inches thick I have only trimmed it once in 1 year that I have had the tank running.
The co2 is running at about 2 bps,I've tryed running it at 5 or 6 bps not seen that much more improvement in the tank so keep it at 2bps...

Ah! this is perfect, now if I can get some result like this I will be very happy. Though I have a long way to go. Lovely tank.

Back