• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Slow 60

aec34

It all started last summer when I finally retrieved the biorb and ill-fated fish kit from my parents. Now there are three dinky tanks, a terrarium, two wabi balls and a bowl of shrimp at work 😬
And this evening I crossed a line when I found myself making a cardboard tank:
FFDABA2F-D76A-4F59-93C7-E12466209C9E.jpeg

The 60p is in the house but I can’t set it up for several months
(Big DIY soon) so playing with wood and cardboard will have to suffice, and growing plants on in the 10 litre cube.

There will be no CO2, just plants, a few tiny fish and shrimp, and lots of patience.

A slow tank in lots of ways 🙂

aec34

Had a mini adventure to Sweet Knowle Aquatics last week to see some fish in real life. So many fish...

At the risk of sounding like Cluedo the current plan is:

Small tribe of Celestial pearl danios (probably 8-10, then maybe add a few more if those establish well)
In my tap water (KH 9, GH10 ‘moderately hard’)
With lots of plants*

* being grown on in a 10 litre cube which I plan to take apart for the new tank (and thanks to @Something Fishy for the bonus plants which came with my new swanky light!)

Only thing I’m missing now is a heater: I’m thinking of an Aquael Ultra 75w: claims to do 50-75 litres, and is adjustable. Anyone have any experience with these?

Cardboard tank has now been banished from the living room - but now has additional wood options thanks to Sweet Knowle.

Sounds exciting :) Glad you’re getting all set up and ready!

Can you put the plants anywhere in the meantime or are you having to use the small one for them?

Haha it’s sad but I already miss the light, it’s been such a gem but glad it’s gone to a good home and the new one fits my 80cm well.

I have an aquael filter and it’s decent so heater I’m sure would be good. I use the external Hydor heaters on mine, not the cheapest but they are very good.

Loving the cardboard dojo! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk