• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sleepy Hollow

Ian Holdich

It's surprising what boredom does...

Tank - 190ltr Corner

Filtration and water movement - APS1000 ef and Koralia nano (1600lph)

Hardscape - sumatra wood and TGM blue stone

Plants - Cryptocoryne nevillii, Cryptocoryne Wendtii, Pogostemon helferi, Rotala rotundifolia, Pogostemon erectus, Elocharis acicularis, Microsorum pteropus, Vesicularia dubyana, Anubias Nana.

Stock - Cardinal Tetra, X-ray Tetra, Espei Rasboras, Ottos and loads of shrimp.

Ferts and C02 - Pressurised C02 @ 2bps, Floranaxis 10 drops a day, Easylife range of P04 and N03 6mls to start with daily, Profito and FE 4 ml of each every other day.

hollowcorner.jpg

hollowcorner2.jpg

hollowcorner4.jpg

hollowcorner3.jpg

I'm going for a heavy (but well trimmed), Elocharis type lawn. I was fed up with trying to get the HC to grow into the corners. This will hopefully end up more of a nature style aquarium. There is a lot of growing to do at the back and the front.

Comment and critiques welcome.

Aquascaping a triangular aquarium is always a challenge but your design looks highly commendable.

I can imagine the layout in a few months once the plants are mature and am sure it will turn out great.

Perhaps consider more midground planting around the right hand stone and wood. From the photos it looks like you've got hairgrass, then P. erectus. If you had a crypt or similar in-between, it would create a more natural transition.

Love the aquascape name too! :thumbup:

Looks really good! It's going to look brilliant once the plants fill in. Love the wood and moss

Thanks Russ, hopefully it will look good when filled in.

Aquascaping a triangular aquarium is always a challenge but your design looks highly commendable.

Thanks George, that is a massive compliment coming from you.

Perhaps consider more midground planting around the right hand stone and wood. From the photos it looks like you've got hairgrass, then P. erectus. If you had a crypt or similar in-between, it would create a more natural transition.

and thanks for that suggestion, i shall have a look a the crypts available and pop a couple in.

heres a quick vid, excuse the shaking midway through the vid, i was switching to macro mode lol

and here's a FTS

4th6th.jpg

(just trying out different camera settings)

Well, after following advice from George Farmer and getting some inspiration from Amanos complete works. I have upped the plant mass a little. I have added hygrophila sp pantanal wavy, cryptocoryne petchii, cryptocoryne wendtii tropica and Heterantera zosterifolia.
My Tropica goodies!
sleepyhollow7.jpg

Heres a view from a few meters
sleepyhollow5.jpg

Elocharis acicularis has started to send out runners
sleepyhollow6.jpg

Wendtii Tropica leaf
sleepyhollow4.jpg

Hygrophila sp pantanal wavy
sleepyhollow2.jpg

sleepyhollow3-1.jpg

and last one!
sleepyhollow1.jpg

Thanks for the comment Russ! Gave the filter a good clean earlier and switched it back on and all the crud blew out and is now stuck to my moss. Ideas anyone?

There's a couple of new additions to Sleepy Hollow...
Male Gardneri Panchax Killifish
killi2-1.jpg

Female Gardneri Panchax Killifish
killi1.jpg

I have wanted to have a go at keeping Killi's for ages and my LFS finally have them in. They're supposed to be the easier ones to keep
*fingers crossed*

Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp!

They will tuck into any treats lurking on your moss :thumbup:

quick update, but a bit pic heavy (sorry).

Things seem to be doing well. There is plenty of new growth.

The moss appears to be settling in at last!

filterfloss1.jpg

The hairgrass is spreading well.

filterfloss3.jpg

The needle leaf has also started to take off. This is some that came out of Supercoleys tank.

filterfloss5.jpg

Killi's are my new fave, the colour is immense!

filterfloss4.jpg

different angle

filterfloss2.jpg

and FTS

filterfloss6.jpg

Thanks Mark! It still got some growing to do, but i am starting to enjoy this scape more now. Thanks again.

The stargrass has been trimmed, they hairgrass is going great guns! Just waiting for the back to fill in and bush out.

here's a quick FTS

4th7th.jpg

I should be getting one of those atomiser mist diffusers tomorrow, so i'll get a quick vid of that up.

thanks very much for the compliment faizal, i just need to fill the back leftish bit out a bit.

The super mist diffuser has arrived from AE...looks well made
difuser1.jpg

difuser2.jpg

I'll hopefully get a vid of it in action this evening.

anyone know how long these things take to prime? My cylinder is working at 2 bar and nil bubbles??

and the working pressure

bar2.jpg

ianho said:
anyone know how long these things take to prime? My cylinder is working at 2 bar and nil bubbles??

Will not work on 2 bar. If you can go up try with 2.2-2.5 otherwise it will not work.

The tank looks awesome mate! :thumbup:

Thanks Victor, i shall be reverting back to glassware...

might just buy a decent glass diffuser.

Back