Simple bedside nano

Discussion in 'Planted Tank Gallery' started by Aqua360, 20 Oct 2019.

1. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

Having withdrawn a bit from tanks and aquascaping in my hobbies (preferring to instead try emersed scapes and carnivorous plants), I've cut back to a simple Dennerle 10l as my only real aquatic project!

Have established a Monte Carlo carpet and staurogyne emersed before flooding, With some stargrass and cherry shrimp added too. Back to basics!

Hoping for heavy growth and shrimplets soon :)

IMG_20191019_214854.jpg

Protopigeon and mort like this.
  2. Keith GH

Keith GH Member

Aqua

A very basic and simple Aquascape very well done perfect for the Bedroom.

Are you going to add a basic floating plant eg Water Sprite for the shrimps?

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

Aqua360 and dw1305 like this.
  3. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

Thanks! I think that's a good idea, I'll need to see if I can find some duckweed; always enjoy a surface "carpet" of it at the top!

4. thatblokeoverthere

thatblokeoverthere Member

That looks very nice. Good work!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Aqua360 likes this.
  5. Keith GH

Keith GH Member

Aqua
    DuckWeed and that is what it is A Weed once established its like a blanket and can take ages to completely remove it.

Keith:wave::greenfinger:

6. rebel

rebel Member

simplicity is best! Love your ladder CO2 system. So old school.

Keith GH and Aqua360 like this.
  7. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

Thanks Rebel, using the Dennerle bio co2!

Love it's simplicity, can't be bothered with pressurised again.

Plants are coming on well :)

IMG_20191024_003703.jpg

tacy k and Keith GH like this.
  8. david boden

david boden Member

Aqua.....that is one sweet little tank to look at first thing in the morning.
    I'm just gonna poke my nose in briefly, as I can't help noticing the containers of food and minerals, ( both by an excellent producer in my book ).

However, ( and I'm sure you already know this ), but I'm going to say it any !-------in a 10 Litre tank , with the likely initial stock level, you are needing to be VERY sparing with your feeding and mineral additions.
    I would suggest you completely disregard any "feeding guide" on the containers, and start off with very tiny quantities....maybe even only 10% of what they tell you.

For instance, if you take about a quarter of a food stick, and then crush it in your, (clean) fingers, and add it to the tank, you will surely be amazed at the quantity of surface particles that are released ( those sticks are highly compressed ).

Likewise with the minerals, about a 10th of a scoop will cover the entire surface.

Can I finally suggest that you consider investing in some Bacter AE which promotes biofilm development,-- ( the staple diet of shrimp )---it's not cheap, but it lasts me for months , or in your case probably years.

Hope you understand I'm not preaching, ------ I'm just trying to help you avoid pollution problems , and so enjoy your return to the hobby

Protopigeon and Aqua360 like this.
  9. david boden

david boden Member

NB------the same applies to Bacter AE, about a 20th of the scoop provided , every other day, will be plenty.

If you followed their guideline, your tank would turn solid ! :(

10. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

Very good points raised, a little really goes a long way in a tank this small!