• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bradleyh91

Thought it was about time I write a journal for this tank as it has been up and running now for about 4 months so here goes.

I decided to put this tank together for my dwarf puffers as they were starting to outgrow the previous home.

Details are as follows:

Tank

TMC Signature 450x450x300

Stand

TMC Signature in charcoal grey

Lighting

TMC Grobeam 1500 with controller
(Lighting period of 7 hours @ 60% with 1 hour ramp up/ down)

CO2

Pressurized CO2 with inline CO2 reactor @ 1bps

Filtration

Eheim 2213 with DoAqua! Lily pipes

Heating

Hydor ETH 200

Hardscape

Redmoor Root Wood
ADA Sarawak Sand
Dragon Stone
Graded Gravel

Fauna

Echinodorus cordifolius ssp. fluitans
Vesicularia ferriei 'Weeping'
Staurogyne repens
Micranthemum umbrosum
Hygrophila corymbosa 'Angustifolia'
Echinodorus quadricostatus

Habitants

Dwarf Pygmy Puffers x3
Ottocinclus x2

Thanks for looking :)

Pictures to follow....

Holy Crap! So you've got your light all the way up there and have it on 60%? Ive just realised why I have Brown Algae Issues - Mine has been 80%, 15cm above the water :eek:

Also, your bubble count, what sort of bubble counter is it? I see you have 1bps, Im using a glass bubble counter and im having to go up to 4bps. Im wondering whether our bubble sizes are different, either that or yours is just more efficient. Mine is a slightly larger tank but even so!

Looking very good mate. Well dine. Look forward to updates

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Holy Crap! So you've got your light all the way up there and have it on 60%? Ive just realised why I have Brown Algae Issues - Mine has been 80%, 15cm above the water :eek:

Also, your bubble count, what sort of bubble counter is it? I see you have 1bps, Im using a glass bubble counter and im having to go up to 4bps. Im wondering whether our bubble sizes are different, either that or yours is just more efficient. Mine is a slightly larger tank but even so!

I use a plastic bubble counter can't remember what make mate. I had two 1000 ND's on a 90l tank the same way mounted as you have on 100% and my algae issues were herendous as these tiles are very powerful and as they are LEDs encourage algae growth more than standard t5's.

Looking very good mate. Well dine. Look forward to updates

Thankyou will get some better pictures up soon but still getting to grips with my dslr at the moment lol

Great looking tank with great layout mate looking forward to seein this one grow

Thanks Dean

Holy Crap! So you've got your light all the way up there and have it on 60%? Ive just realised why I have Brown Algae Issues - Mine has been 80%, 15cm above the water

LOL, and my two TMC Grobeams were 2 cm above the surface at 100% for the first 3 weeks, with basic ferts and no CO2. The resultant mess was not pretty :what:

Nice tank Bradley :)

Oh yes I like that tank, that's the tmc that I wanted to get for our 8 yr old.:) but my better half said no :( I like your ideas.

Great looking tank with great layout mate looking forward to seein this one grow

Thanks Dean!

LOL, and my two TMC Grobeams were 2 cm above the surface at 100% for the first 3 weeks, with basic ferts and no CO2. The resultant mess was not pretty :what:

Nice tank Bradley :)

Thanks Rob and can only imagine the struggle with that set up lol

.....and I feel like I've cocked up! :D

Well we live and learn I guess lol

It's all a learning curve which is what I have found out from own experience!

Oh yes I like that tank, that's the tmc that I wanted to get for our 8 yr old.:) but my better half said no :( I like your ideas.

Thanks and that's a shame! It's a really nice tank very impressed indeed!

Ooh love that square tank. Offers up some interesting scape options.

Oh and nice choice with the puffers. I've not been at this for long and haven't seen them before

Ooh love that square tank. Offers up some interesting scape options.

Oh and nice choice with the puffers. I've not been at this for long and haven't seen them before

Ye they are something different bit of a pain when it comes to other livestock though!

Lovely scape, I miss my puffers :( how do yours get on with the co2, I found mine very shy when the gas was on.

Thanks Tim they are fine with the CO2 very inquisitive pretty much all the time.

Reactions: tim
Ye they are something different bit of a pain when it comes to other livestock though!.

My lfs uses them in tanks with snail infestations. Are they tough on fish too - Fin nipping etc?

My lfs uses them in tanks with snail infestations. Are they tough on fish too - Fin nipping etc?

It's a little more the fin nipping I believe they basically need to be kept by themselves as they attack other fish but that can also attack each other and they can do this until the other fish is killed :(

Nice litte layout love the open space at the front,might pinch some ideas for my new 33x33x35 cherry tank;)

Cheers
Martin

Nice to see such a good puffer tank. I had a pair for a couple of years before rehoming with another member here. Great characters but do restrict choice of tank mates.

I have two C. asselus in my large tank. when the lights are on they are always in hiding, when the lights are out i always see them in the open spaces, They seem shy. Never seen them bothering other fish, but they have plenty of space.

Mine aren't very timid at all they are out most of the time and tend to just rest on the plants at night. I have only been told about them with other fish but don't wanna risk putting other fish in.

Back