• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sick Zebra Loach... what is it please?

Richardblack5

Sick Zebra Loach... what is it please?

I only have two and the other one died last week. Pics taken last night.. looks worse tonight!

He has no energy.. just loafs around motionless at the bottom on the tank

Parameters are:
Co2
EI dosing
Planted tank
400l
UV TMC V2
FX5 Filter

20121127224855.jpg

20121127224623.jpg

It could be Columnaris or Fungus, if the white stuff is on what appears to be otherwise normal skin it's probably Columnaris (Flexibacter), caught early enough it is treatable.

Fungus tends to appear over a wound or a sore and is less serious and also treatable.

If possible put the fish in a quarantine tank and try some medication, use a gentle air stone in the quarantine tank if you have one available to increase Oxygen levels.

In the past I have used Waterlifes Myxazin for Flexibacter and Protozin for Fungus with great success.
Never use these two treatments at the same time and follow the instructions carefully on Waterlifes site for changing from one medication to the next.

I'd personally treat for Flexibacter first.

One on my Krebs was sucking at the badness on the Loach so I put the loach into a small 10lt 'hospital tank' and added some Protozin.. hope this can help him..

Porksword said:
Good luck mate and keep a close eye on him, try to keep the water quality as high as you can and lots and lots of oxygen.

Yeah.. i got an air stone running.. also put in some gravel to keep him happy as he looked lonely sitting on the glass bottom

Put some other cover in there too... some plastic plants or something he can hide behind and feel secure.

Back