• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp tank

Fisher2007

Hi all

I'm contemplating setting up a little shrimp tank in my home office (something to keep me entertained whilst lockdown continues!)

Looking for suggestions on a tank or ideally a decent all in one set up of some kind. Size wise, say anything from 20-50 litres

Tank will be low tech. Already have some hardscape bits lying around and can harvest some plants from the other tanks I have

Thanks

I have an Aquael Shrimp Set Smart and have found it to be excellent. It comes with pump (Aquael Pat Mini) and a very good LED light, I can't remember if my heater was included or not.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I have an Aquael Shrimp Set Smart and have found it to be excellent. It comes with pump (Aquael Pat Mini) and a very good LED light, I can't remember if my heater was included or not.

I was just look on the Aquarium Gardens site and saw those. There is no image of the filter they include though. What's it like? Have you got any pics of your tank you could share?

Thanks

Excuse the algae, it needs a clean! This is the pump, it's rated up to 400l p/h but you can adjust the flow.

https://www.aquatic-spare-parts.co.uk/proddetail/aquael-pat-mini-filter
8d0de35bbcc005ba9d2e3a577b6ae3f9.jpg

It has worked fine, sits perfectly between 26 and 24 centigrade based on my little stick on thermometer. It's a great set. My only concern was that the sponge on the filter seemed a little coarse for shrimplets but you can get a finer one.

The aquael shrimp kit is probably the best, pat mini filter is very good filter even for bigger tanks

Dennerle cubes are nice tanks, but dont buy the kits, their internal filters arnt the best

As for heater, in your house you might not need one, i keep my tanks at 23, i have a small cull tank in my houes no heater, no filter and they are fine

Hope this helps

Back