• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Shrimp soil

aliclarke86

So I picked up some soil that I had not seen before as it was pretty cheap

5enyrete.jpg

I can't find much info on it but it claims to be a buffering soil that will lower pH and GH.

If anyone has used it please chime in but in the meantime I will report my findings as they come

Cheerio

Ali

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

aliclarke86

Strange

6amubyqu.jpg

How about now?

sa80mark

Ive got this in my ebay watch list and was going to ask if anyone on here knew anything about it, I asked the seller some questions but got very unhelpful answers

aliclarke86

It really is a good price. It is going in my shrimp tank so I hope it will buffer the water. GH is not a problem but my pH stays about 7.2 even if I get it down it bounces back the next day :mad::mad:

aliclarke86

Fantastic to hear. If it is good for growing and buffering I think I will have to get some more!

sa80mark

How long have you been using it tim ? Any break down yet ?

I only ask because when 8 asked the seller he told me it was "compressed soil from forests and not baked" so I wondered how solid it would be

tim

How long have you been using it tim ? Any break down yet ?

I only ask because when 8 asked the seller he told me it was "compressed soil from forests and not baked" so I wondered how solid it would be
Just over a month so far seems to be holding ok, must admit its dusty compared to Amazonia or florabase only other aquasoip a I've used, I think in a big tank or longer term scape I'd probably use it as a base layer under florabase.

aliclarke86

Hey Tim

Was there any initial ammonia spike or anything along those lines??

aliclarke86

No troubles. I will GI d out soon enough :)

aliclarke86

I can confirm ammonia leaching

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tim

aliclarke86

I currently have 2 8ltr bags in a tank with a mature filter. It has been 8 days from sticking water in and the ammonia is still pretty high. I have it pretty heavily planted as well. I can't give you any numbers as I just use the api test but don't have a chart so just wait to see if it goes green:p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk