• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Shrimp refuge

Wolf6

No journal for this one. I needed a place for my shrimp so got a 20l cube. Used soil from the old tank with some old grit and pieces of wood and rock I had lying around. Shrimp are still a bit unhappy but no deaths overnight.
20211120_104823.jpg

Scavenged plants from the old tank, hope they will adapt to the no-co2 less light life. Will dose 1 or 2 pumps of tropica per week.

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
have you found the "normal" magnolia leaves ok in your aquariums?
I've <"used them">. I assume they are quite good as a grazing source for shrimps, snails and Otocinclus etc.

They are quite different to Magnolia grandiflora, they aren't at all persistent and skeletonize within a week or so.

cheers Darrel

Wolf6

Hi all,

I've <"used them">. I assume they are quite good as a grazing source for shrimps, snails and Otocinclus etc.

They are quite different to Magnolia grandiflora, they aren't at all persistent and skeletonize within a week or so.

cheers Darrel
Yeah, I tested them on the shrimp I had in the quarantine tank and found the shrimp love them, but eat them in record time. Safe but gone in a matter of days/week