• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp or Otto damage?

Brian Murphy

Everytime my hydrophilia polysperma and limnophila aromatica get to a decent size to start trimming and enable them to start bushing out, either the amano shrimp or ottos take into the leaves over a few nights and ruin the whole plant to the point I have to cut the best bits off and replant putting me back to square 1. I have been giving them algae wafers since the last time it happened but doesn't seem to have stopped them. Any ideas to stop this from happening?

IMG_0408_zps0330e514.jpg
IMG_0409_zps95d9b6cc.jpg
IMG_0410_zps176f2644.jpg
IMG_0412_zps66eda0fd.jpg

I can't say for the shrimp but I have no reason for it to be the Otto. Could it be a deficiency? I know hygros will grow like crazy therefore will need more of everything bar light for it to keep up with its growth. My reason being that you mention their growth rate is at a point where you would consider to trim the stems before something like this happens.

Back