• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp gassing

terry82517

Hi all, planing on getting some red cherries and aminos soon and just want to know if there are any signs to look out for in shrimp if the co2 is to high, or is it just a case of them jumping out of the tank ? ;)

I have killed shrimp before by putting them into a VERY high CO2 environment. As I was acclimatising them they stopped moving and picking up food with their feet. When I put them in the tank they all started pinging and dying in short order. Luckily if I caught them and put them in a tank with the same water without CO2 they recovered fine---even if they were barely alive (not moving except for their breathing mouthparts + curled up like a dead cockroach). If you are worried check that they are behaving normally after the acclimatisation, and then only add a few at first and monitor them for 15-30 minutes. If they are fine after that time---then all will be fine when you put them all in.

Back