• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show your Bucephalandra's

Matt Havens

I am looking to fill out my tank with a number of these and thought you guys may inspire me.

Show off your different varieties. Let's get a discussion going on these awesome looking plants.

Which ones your favourite?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Great idea for a thread Matt. These are great plants!

Here are my Sp. Red from Tropica

e1708d39b3dab7108078c32de866212b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry no photos ,but I have buce "Arrogant blue" that is performing well in low tech, and sends out spathes or flowers once a month.
Bought about eight small sprigs about eight month's ago and all are bushy looking but painfully slow getting there.
Smaller than a tooth pick when I bought them.
My anubia grow faster.

Just ordered

Malawi
Centipede
Popcorn
Flora
Alamanda V3
Velvet leaf entikong
And Biblis

Exciting!

Not sure what any of them will look like. Has anyone any of these varieties?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I saw some red ones in p@h the other day but was in too much of a rush. Wish I'd got them now. Maybe I'll nip through again tomorrow.

Have a bunch in this tank, they grow well, low light, co2, cooler water. They are very hard to come by in Western Australia, we are not allowed to import plants, but they find there way in, i started with maybe 4 small plants, how I have them in all my tanks but by far they do the best in here.

26071008228_68a4508fb8_c.jpg
IMG_1216 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Hi all, im a new member to these boards that i found while searching for Buce var and info on google...

Anyway, here are some of my buce collection which are either newly planted (less than 2 months old) or recovered after a bad tank crash from a while ago and are now in my high tech tank:

Buce Var: Blue Metallica (i think)
IMG_8689.JPG

Buce Var. unknown
IMG_9008.JPG

Buce Var. (left) Sky Red Mini / (right) brownie ghost)
IMG_9009.JPG

Buce Var. Brownie Ghost
IMG_9029.JPG

Buce Var. Sky Red Mini + Sky Blue mini
IMG_9032.JPG

Buce Var. Shine Blue
IMG_9039.JPG

Buce wood.jpg

Green Velvet.jpg

Hi Matt, two pics of the same piece of wood from my tank with Buce on. Three varieties; Red, Wavy Green and Green Velvet. The Velvet is a particular favourite of mine, with fairly compact growth, delicate pink underside to the leaves (when in good light) and a nice texture to the upper side of the leaf. You can see two of the reds flowering also. Hope you like!

Cheers
Ray

Back