• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show us your Maintenance Cart!

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Inspired by Balazs at Green Aqua from the below video!

I purchased one of these
Amazon product ASIN B0BN8D71LQTook me about 45 minutes to build.
I'm quite impressed by the quality which is all steel, tools are included which is great.
No missing parts and the packaging was excellent....no scuffs or scratches on the pieces.

Tips
I built this from the bottom up adding the handle last.
The castors are removable if you want to change them to a different configuration.
Just need to fill it up with junk now! ;)
Maintenance Trolley 10 03 2023.jpg

Maintenance Trolley 10 03 2023.2jpg.jpg

Maintenance Trolley 10 03 2023.3jpg.jpg

hoggie

Last edited:
These seem like popular choices for maintenance carts. They're similar but the second one is bigger.

Yes indeed Tim
I did look at those type, there are similar on Amazon!
The one I purchased has steel baskets so I can stick my magnetized tweezers/scissors to the side of the basket.
Second image shows them hanging....need to order some more magnets too stick onto the rest of the tools!
Cheers

Maybe we should think about sourcing something similar again.
Swag is actually working for raising money... I'd take a set of whiskey glasses printed with some memorable quotes by Darrel / @dw1305, like this one:

... a big pile of money in the street, with a note saying "take me", but it is only ever picked up by a one-legged ginger Irish-man on a Thursday......

or

... I honestly think we are back to re-arranging the deck-chairs on the Titanic.

:lol:

Cheers,
Michael

Swag is actually working for raising money... I'd take a set of whiskey glasses printed with some memorable quotes by Darrel / @dw1305

Id buy a cup with Darrel's "Real British Poverty", no questions asked :D
"I maybe poor, but at least I'm British. True patriots support real British poverty, poverty you can rely on, it's built to last"

Obviously would only drink tea from it, as is proper.

So im not entirely off topic, ill post my maintenance uhh.. bucket tomorrow :lol:
No fancy carts here 😁

So im not entirely off topic, ill post my maintenance uhh.. bucket tomorrow :lol:
No fancy carts here 😁

Same here... no fancy cart... as a matter of fact my list of tools and aids I keep on hand is very short:

1. A sponge
2. A hose
3. A good pair of scissors
4. A transfer pump
5. A towel
6. A net (rarely used for anything other than scooping up duckweed)

All fits neatly in a bucket that I keep in our storage room :)

Around the tanks I only keep dry food and a TDS meter.

In our laundry room I keep everything else: RO unit, RO collection container, a couple of buckets for WC transfer, salts, fertilizers, some test kits, a scale etc.

(of course I have a mountain of decommissioned junk in my garage...).

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi all,
Id buy a cup with Darrel's "Real British Poverty", no questions asked :D
"I maybe poor, but at least I'm British. True patriots support real British poverty, poverty you can rely on, it's built to last"
I think you might be the only purchaser, it is bit close to the knuckle for us.

It is like when I suggested a new slogan for one of my employers:

(Name of company) where when one door closes, another one closes and then they all close... .....

Unfortunately it proved prophetic for the employees......

Cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back