• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should you start dosing CO2 from day one?

oddn0ise

First round of plants (about 60%) are in place, should I start CO2 now or let things settle down first?

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 14.54.17.png

The plants will be transitioning to a lower [CO2] so getting the CO2 right from start is the optimum time to do it, esp with on inmates/livestock as nothing to kill if you over do the [CO2]

Let me put it the American way. HELL yeah.
Now let's put it the "common sense" way. Imagine we put you in a very low oxygen environment. Would you deny access to an oxygen mask if you were given one or prefer the misery until your body is able to produce more red blood cells?

The end. 🙂

Last edited:
Hi,
There will be a lot of different answers coming from various different people but I personally dose full EI from day one with no detriment whatsoever, just keep the light low and keep up with the UKAPS water change program.
Cheers!

I've just read in your journal (next post down) that you have full ADA substrate which alters the fert regime, probably just adding K and Trace to begin with, but let others answer this who use this technique.

CO2 from day one for sure, ferts depending on which regime you intend to follow. Lots of large daily water changes if you are using standard ADA Amazonia.

Back