• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should I upgrade to the fluval plant 3.0

EA James

Hi all,
I’ve got the opportunity to upgrade from my aquasky (35w) to the plant 3.0 (59w) but I’m not wanting to upset things as the tank seems to be in good balance at the moment.

I would like a stronger light though so I have more options on plants and my tank (EA Freshwater 1200) is quite deep at 70cm so could do with some better lighting, and having a lid I’m restricted on options too.
Currently it has the aquasky and 2 x stock EA led tubes that are 20w each so 75w in total.

I’m a bit worried about getting the new light and cocking everything up!
If you can make sense of what I’m asking then any help/opinions would be good
7F662C0B-759A-4771-AC2F-4C1CE40F609C.jpeg

Cheers all

Hi. I’ve had the fluval plant 3.0 and it will be a big upgrade from the aquasky. The light will be okay for the plants you have in this tank. If you do upgrade maybe just ramp it up slowly over a couple of weeks

@Dorey ok cheers for that, I was thinking about starting it at around 60% then upping it 10% every 2 weeks just to be safe?

Your tanks look good by the way, I've just seen them on 'from this to this'. Nice scapes 👍 I think i remember you from one of the facebook groups, not sure which one though. Are you Mark??

Cheers, James

@Dorey ok cheers for that, I was thinking about starting it at around 60% then upping it 10% every 2 weeks just to be safe?

Your tanks look good by the way, I've just seen them on 'from this to this'. Nice scapes 👍 I think i remember you from one of the facebook groups, not sure which one though. Are you Mark??

Cheers, James

Yeah 60% should be okay for your tank to start off with your tanks quite deep. Sounds like a good plan!
Thanks mate much appreciated! Yeah I’m on loads of FB groups and yep my names Mark

Back