• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Matt Havens

Hi all, so i have a 200L tank from a well known and recognised aquatic retailer.

I purchased with it the Fluval Fresh Plant 2.0 LED, around 90CM.

Looking through the forums here and i am thinking that this will not be sufficient and therefore looking at adding either a Chihiros RGB-60 as it is the largest or the new Twinstar 900E.

My main question is will this be unnecessary? The Fluval is dimmable and could be dimmed to account for the added system. Would I be wasting my money though?

Any replies welcome,

Thanks again,

Matt

I think so. There's really no need for high light without co2. Dimmable is always nice so you can start at a lower setting then just take what you need. To much light promotes more algae than anything else. Lighting is best kept as your variable

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I will be dosing CO2 at a fairly high rate as there will be no fauna to worry about for the first few weeks of initial setup.
I want to be able to grow a few (Hard) and (Medium) classed plants and also have a healthy dense carpet across the bottom of the tank.

Back