• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should I flood it or not?

Jaap

Hello,

This is the current situation of my dry start method HC tank

y4a6a2an.jpg

This has been growing DSM for 3 months now but I am starting to be a bit concerned. It grows very little and very slowly and it seems to have gotten a bit yellow rather than green.

Do I flood it so it will get its macros and micros through EI or should I inject the macros and micros in the substrate using a syringe and continue the DSM until its fully grown in?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last summer I had my hc dry start growing for about 3 months, and like yours it did slow right down and look abit sorry for its self. So I decided to flood and it really shot off then, fully filled in within a month.

My experience was dry starting hc is brilliant to get it rooted so it stays in place when flooded but after it has I might as well have just flooded it as it didn't grow a awful amount in all 3 months compared to once water was in the tank.

I guess it might be better to flood....has anyone kept going with dsm until filled in all free space?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks jaap.

Nice recovery! :)

Obviously the initial melting problems are what set it back from looking like big clowns at the same stage. Good luck with it mate, let us know how it reacts to the flooding.

Back