• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

shops in london with good selection of plants?

Dan-CR4

does anyone know anywhere in London that always has a good selection of plants, the p@h stores near me dont have a great selection. so willing to travel for a decent place within London/Surrey area?

Surrey Pet Supplies also got new tanks in a whilst back. Or contact Joey from Aquadip and find out who the nearest supplier is, as their plants are great.

Aquatic Design Centre on Great Portland Street
I have heard a lot about this place but not visited yet, it being up the west end, are there prices a lot higher or on a par with other LFS?

Living waters in Croydon are very aquascaping focussed
Yeah I have been to living waters a few times, but never found they have much choice, maybe it was just the days I went . With the good reputation they have, I just expected a lot more in the way of aquascaping and plants..

The prices at ADC have always seemed reasonable to me. I think they offer price matching to web prices on dry goods. Not sure if that applies to plants, but the plant prices are comparable anyway (although not the choice, obviously). You certainly don't just find the old standard plants there though, there's normally something interesting.

Have been to ADC a few times on Great Portland street. As its a few stops on the central line from where I normally work. It is a good 5-10min walk from Oxford Circus and on the LHS if walking from that direction. It is of deceptive size but has 2 levels.

Was there a few weeks back and they had a good selection (my limited experience) stuff I had not see in the normal LFS. Tropica plants. Also more colourful plants than just green and a few different floating varieties. Take your time and open your eyes and you will see more in that shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another mention for the Aquatic Design Centre - from my experience they have deliveries on a Thursday so late afternoon on that day, or Friday, will be best for a good selection of plants. They're all shrimp safe too so no worries there re: pesticide use.

Back