• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

shof off pic

MarcoB

Well, at least for me it's a show off!
Only critics I have is that irritating claudofora. It seems I can't get rid of it anyhow. I tried shrimp already but they are food for the fish!

8yfg45.jpg

I had loads of this algae when my CO2 was too low and my flow was too low. I pulled out handfulls every week.

thanks for the tip. My flow is pretty low. I'll have to add an extra pump to raise it. I'll give it a try.

Not up to standard yet but I'm getting there.
Photo isn't sharp, pitty, but I'm a proud tankowner today after pruning! This will become a pretty one!

For the plantenthousiast:
M. hirstuta
B. monnieri
V. gigantae marmor (must leave soon, hate it)
V. nana
C. ciliata
P. perfoliatus
P. wrightii
E. stellata broad leaf
B. longifolia
M. dicoccum
H. angustifolia
H. costata
glosso
split leaf javafern
normal javafern

33lcy7q.jpg

thanks,

I like a more natural scape but a jungle.... :?
Hopefully this jungle will evolve into a nicely scaped Sahul herbarium.
At least thats my goal. This setup is the basic scape. Now finetuning!

To start off: I got rid of the giant Val and replaced it with a nice big B. aubertii. Other blyxa's will be added too.
The goal is to shape the right into a nice "amano ball" with a diagonal line to the left corner.

Well, a lot has changed the last months. Again I had KH problems due to the rocks I added. I lost a lot of species again but new are added to the scene!
H. costata, V, americana var. natans for example. Except of the ferns the herbarium now is pretty much guinea/australia orientated as possible for a tank in europe. No illegal plants are in it and you know how hard it is to have something native out of australia!
IMHO the tankscape is still a bit messy. But time will learn me to make it a descent mixture of a biotope, dutch scape and an asian/amano/miroshaki tank.
Critics, comments and tips welcome!

bakjan11.jpg

bakjan11-2.jpg

V. americana var natans
V. nana
P. stellata broadleaf
C. ciliata
M. hirstuta
H. angustifolia
H. costata
C. thalictroides
G. elasticus (wordt overwoekerd door de marsilea)
L. novazaelandia
B. monnieri
M. minima
B. japonica

Back