• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shipping Question

Wisey

Hi,

I'm hoping to plant out my entire aquarium in a few weeks time and was planning on using you guys to buy all my plants as the service has been great in the past and you also have better shipping than most of your competitors who seem to struggle with Aberdeen!

I need my delivery to go to work rather than home so someone is there to receive it, which is what most companies struggle with, the Westhill postcode seems to be classed as Scottish Highlands even though it is only a few miles from the centre of Aberdeen. You would think we were in the Outer Hebrides with the ridiculous charges some couriers like to charge, even though we are only 5 miles from their main Aberdeen depots!

When looking at your next day shipping, it says 1 to 2 days. With a postcode that starts as AB32, would it be 1 day or 2 days? I'm trying to work out when I should place an order to ensure that my delivery arrived on the Friday and I could then plant the aquarium on the Saturday, rather than have plants sitting around for a few days before I have time to plant them.

Thanks,

Wisey.

Hello,

Firstly thank you very much fro the kind words.

Regarding to your question to be honest with you yes the service is "guaranteed" but unfortunately this is not always the case as things can happen and there is actually never 100% guarantee no mater which services you use.

However we always try to ensure that customers receive their parcel on time they choose.

Also could you be so kind and advice if you will buy plants from us as well please?

Hi Miroslav,

Yes, this would just be a plant order. I received all my CO2 system from you recently, so I just need to set up and test all my equipment in the next week or two, then I'll drain the tank, do the hardscape and place the plant order.

I guess it is maybe sensible for me to order on a Wednesday morning and pay for next day, that way if there was a delay I would get them on Friday, rather than ordering Thursday and maybe not getting them until after the weekend.

If the plants were to arrive Thursday and I want to plant on Saturday, what is the best way to store them? I will be ordering a number of tissue culture plant caps plus some anubias and echinodorus.

Hi ,

Thank you very much for the update.

To be honest yes it will be better if you place the order for the plants on Wednesday.

Also the plants will survive if you keep them wet. I recommend t leave them in the clear bags supplied with the plants and just add little bit of water. You can open the bags twice in a day just to give the plants little bit of fresh air and spray some water onto the leaves. Also do not put the plants on direct sunlight. Little bit of light from window will do for them.

Regarding the caps you do not have to do anything with them as they have gel which will keep them wet.

Great, thanks for the info, will place the order on a Wednesday, hopefully next week, but maybe the week after depending on how I get on with testing kit first.

Also I forgot to mentioned you could give us a list of plants and quantities you require few days before that we can make sure they will be in stock for you :)

Ok, thanks, will do, I'm not 100% decided yet, but have a rough idea and put them all in my basket today as a reminder of what I was after. I'll contact you in advance to check stock.

Hi Miroslav,

That is my order placed just now, decided to order today while everything I wanted was in stock, but I have included instructions with the order for it to be shipped tomorrow on the 24 hour service so that I receive it on Thursday or Friday latest. Excited! This aquarium is finally getting planted :)

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your purchase.

I found your order and I can confirm that is on hold for today and will be shipped tomorrow.

Back