• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sera reactor problem

Fred13

Hello ,

I have an issue with sera reactor 1000. It is only 2 days now that i am using it and i cant see any co2 in my measurements , drop checker is blue and my ph high.

It is very weird since my connections are fine , there are no leaks and i am putting about 4-5 bubbles/s into 60 gallon of water.
I can see the small bubbles into the chamber but i can also see some bubbles escaping from the output (any solution for this?)
My filter is jbl 1501e.

So, my main issue is that for some reason there is no co2 into my tank. If i change to my inline difusser at the same rate of b/s , my dropchecker turns green. With the reactor it is like i dont put any co2 inside.

And a minor issue is that i see water into the co2 hose when the co2 is off. It is between the check valve and the reactor . Probably gravity? Is this a problem?

Thank you for your time

Does it look like this?"

It is the exact same reactor if this is what you mean Edvet.
I can see the microbubbles into the reactors chamber but my drop checker doesnt go green and my ph does not change.
It is like i am not putting co2 into the tank but i do..

Does it look like this?"

I had my regulator at wrong psi . It needs about 10-15 psi and i was above 30 psi because i forgot it there since i had uninstall my inline difusser.
Is this maybe the problem or it doesnt matter?

What if i put a sponge inside chamber? Does this make any sense in terms of efficiency?

Don't expect so, you are not loosing a lot off bubbles out of the reactor.
Still if you put in the same amount of bubbles (compared to your diffusor), you shouldn't be losing CO2 in the column ( thus getting less CO2) and it's not not getting dissolved in the reactor. Logic dictates a leak.

Don't expect so, you are not loosing a lot off bubbles out of the reactor.
Still if you put in the same amount of bubbles (compared to your diffusor), you shouldn't be losing CO2 in the column ( thus getting less CO2) and it's not not getting dissolved in the reactor. Logic dictates a leak.
Ok Edvet thank you very much,
I will reconnect everything , filter hoses, co2 hose and i will spray foam again into every single part to see if there is actually a leak..

Hello,
I have zero leaks and issue consists.
I am starting to believe that co2 is getting trapped into the chamber as an air pocket and my pump is not enough strong to break it.

My filter is JBL1501 , it is rated higher than enough.
I am thinking of going back to inline difusser.
Shall i put it at my inlet to avoid mist? I have lots of media inside so it maybe fully dissoluted before reaches the impeller?

Have it bit of problem with sera 1000 and im not sure what and why its that problem happend!
Im using this reactor and using JBL pro flora bublles counter 10BPS etc...Tank 500L hightech..
Problem is after while i can see in the reactor the water level is dropping down and im not sure why its that happend..It is Air or co2 no disolved?
My filter is oase Biomaster Thermo 600 with outflow 1250L/h
I did try remove some media from filter but still same problem?
Any advice why its that happend..The noise from sera its really annoing!
Hope for help.:)
Thank you!

oh yeah..But the sera customer service told me the reactor 1000 is for aquarium 600l and more..So i dont undersand..If i will put extra pump on outflow from filter and connec it to the reactor for more outflow lets say from 1250l/h will increase to 2000l/h if that will change or not?thanks

If you're putting in co2 and there's no leak then its getting into the water column. Maybe not as efficiently and not dissolving 100% for one reason or another but who cares. Are the plants, fish doing ok? If so then just throw away the drop checker.

Sure you can play around with the equipment all day long with sponges, different pumps etc.etc. But you won't need them to grow a good aquascape.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Hi
Those reactors are very flow dependant.I used one on my 60cm with 800l/h filter and much lower bps CO2 and it was strugling to dissolve that due to insufficient flow through it
Regards Konsa

If you're putting in co2 and there's no leak then its getting into the water column. Maybe not as efficiently and not dissolving 100% for one reason or another but who cares. Are the plants, fish doing ok? If so then just throw away the drop checker.

Sure you can play around with the equipment all day long with sponges, different pumps etc.etc. But you won't need them to grow a good aquascape.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Hi.
Yes i know what you mean....Drop checker is lime green but i cant compare tothe drop checker because i have platinum soil from Tropica and ADA stones and they are already changing the PH and KH...Last time i was checked and PH was 7 and KH 3-4 ...its inccorect....Im trying to say i wanted inrease bit more the co2 as i have a lot surface move ....And still have some green spot algea on the plants and bit on the glass..But i cant..The reactor is not powerfull inaf..When i contact sera CS they told me 10bps etc is too much!!!! ...I did try to explain them is depend about your lighting ,plants, and size of the tank and surface level!....So if there will be no option im still under warranty and have 60 days to send the Sera back to seller......I dont mind there is not disolving co2..I mind the noise and when my GF comming back shes going to kill me!..:D....

Hi
Those reactors are very flow dependant.I used one on my 60cm with 800l/h filter and much lower bps CO2 and it was strugling to dissolve that due to insufficient flow through it
Regards Konsa
So you mean if i will connect external pump on outflow from filter to the hose and connect to the reactor and increase the outflow etc 2000-2500l/h it will change something?..Can disolve the co2 quicker?..thanks.

Back