• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sera CO2 Tablets

johnny70

HI

Reading through a PFK blog saw mentioned about an article by Jeremy Gay about setting a nano planted tank up using SERA CO2 START tablets.

anyone used them, how are they, good bad etc, would be great if I could get these for my samller tanks, any idea how long they last? need to compare prices with these and Excel and easycarbo.

Any help?

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
HI

Reading through a PFK blog saw mentioned about an article by Jeremy Gay about setting a nano planted tank up using SERA CO2 START tablets.

anyone used them, how are they, good bad etc, would be great if I could get these for my samller tanks, any idea how long they last? need to compare prices with these and Excel and easycarbo.

Any help?

JOHNNY

I used them when I first started trying to grow plants years ago on my 40gallon tank. When I first set up my cube I used them again, but as the tablets aren't the easiest thing to source, and you have to add one a day it soon gets pretty expensive. Also as it dissolves it must be adding lots of minerals to the water too - not totally sure what though!

I switched to DIY CO2. I used a Hagen kit to get me started, but a pop bottle with a carefully drilled hole in the cap will doo the job. Just add Yeast, water, sugar and a bit of sodium bicarbonate.

While I was using DIY CO2 though I ended up adding EasyCarbo too as I had some BBA growing. This boosted the plant growth and killed off the algae.

Back