• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Semi Planted Wild Discus Tank Full HD Video with soundtrack

Would there have to be a high humidity for these plants to grow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone the name of those plants that are growing out of the aquarium - are they amazon swords or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have got the five large Amazon Sword Plants still in the jars in a small tank upstairs if anyone is able to collect them.

Cheers,

Steve

Keeping the sand as it is for now, it looks less bright under different lighting. Why what were you thinking of?

Cheers,

Steve
I found a darker substrate brought the colours of the fish out better, I went from white sand to dark brown/black sand with lots of wood and subdued lighting, they seemed alot happier and less skittish.
loving the new branches btw are they oak?

I tried darker substrate but found it too dark especially with the black background as well, plus with the lighter JBL River sand I can see the poop better for vacuuming it out:oops:

The branches are from a beech tree, cut and dried out in a shed. The wood is rock hard and the bark is so thin it does not need stripping off.

Some small bits of white fungus showing but nothing serious. Des this go away by itself?

Cheers,

Steve

A few photos from tonight after yesterday adding some Teak Sandstone Pebbles and a few Giant Amazonian Seed Pods and a very yellow looking Co2 drop checker.

One photo at a time sorry as I'm doing this on the iPad.

Cheers,

Steve

image_zpslyccjycy.jpe

Back