• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Seiryu Stone and wood critique please

mangeltrueman

Hey all

Looking for some feedback on this one. I'm doing a dark start so this has been sat there for 2 weeks now. Next week I should be cycled and ready to plant. so will have a chance to do some minor re-hardscaping so thought I would ask for input here.

I am definitely moving that slightly bluer rock that sits at the back in the middle as my eye is continually drawn to it. I am happy with the way the wood moves through the scape but maybe there is something missing on the left hand side?

Will be planting full carpet around the front and pretty densely elsewhere.

Thanks in advance

Mark

IMG_5846.JPG

Hi, I am just setting up my tank I have also used seriyu stone and bog Wood and really like the contrast and natural look. I think your doing a great job maybe on the left a small piece of bog Wood could be added if you feel it's necessary. But If your happy change nothing 😊👍

The texture and colour of the main rock on the left is quite different from the right side. Perhaps a different piece of stone or you could spin it around to see if it looks more harmonious.

The substrate level at the front of the tank is quite high. You’ve sloped to the back for depth, which is great; but could probably reduce the height ( or consider sand in the foreground) to add to it.

The texture and colour of the main rock on the left is quite different from the right side. Perhaps a different piece of stone or you could spin it around to see if it looks more harmonious.

The substrate level at the front of the tank is quite high. You’ve sloped to the back for depth, which is great; but could probably reduce the height ( or consider sand in the foreground) to add to it.
Yeah, the colour is mainly due to the rock on the right going a bit brown with algae due to the dark cycle and it being exposed to more ambient light. I gave it a scrub earlier and both rocks do appear the same now.

I've done some rearranging of the hardscape over the last few days. Planting up tomorrow so when it's drained i will push some of the substrate up towards the back, especially in the center of the tank as that area has less hardscape now than in this pic.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

I like the right side, though flow might be an issue behind the rock there. The left feels out of balance, I feel keeping the rocks on that side lower would feel more natural. But as always its all personal taste :)

I like the right side, though flow might be an issue behind the rock there. The left feels out of balance, I feel keeping the rocks on that side lower would feel more natural. But as always its all personal taste :)
Im hoping flow should be ok on the right side there as the Flex123 has two inlets behind that rock for the filter.

As for the left, i am inclined to agree. I might see if i can get that bigger rock down into the substrate more. Its sat on top so i reckon there is a good chance i could get it 3 or so inches lower. I think in doing that, the main piece of river wood might be better off going from left to right.

Back