• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SDIESEL77 AQUASCAPER 900 DIARY

The new ADA Amazonia v2 soil was great to set and didn't make the water messy which is great but wow this thing releases A HUGE amount of ammonia in the water!
I have done daily WC the first week otherwise ammonia and nitrite were sky high!
Now everything seems fine, no fish loss
Plants are slowly growing, shrimps love playing with them and removing some daily from the soil that I need to replant... (I guess this is while the roots are not fully developed)
cc592fb557196e31b681b599b8650adc.jpg

Unfortunately few days after removing the cyano came back.
After trying many different products and technics, I think I finally found the perfect working product: UltraLife Blue-Green Slime.
Within a week 100% of the cyano was gone and never came back so far.
5f473727c97de2907917177a82bdfa4d.jpg

Glad you got rid of it, for future - it might be the bin bags aren't as light proof as you'd think - some are pretty thin when you hold them up to a window. Also for front of glass only, you can tape just strips over the front edge to blackout that section. Running a credit card carefully along (don't scratch the glass!) is good for manual too. I do it now and then for regular algae removal.

It's looking good though, filled out quite nicely :)

Back