• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scissors recommendation

BarryH

Some time ago I bought myself a pair stainless scissors, the blades are quite sharp but so are the grips where your fingers go. The pair I have were never finished off very well, they look as though they had their flat sides on a sanding belt and that was the last thing they did before packing them.

Apart from me getting the Dremel out and and removing the sharp edges from the finger grips, can anyone please recommend a decent pair of scissors that are well finished and don't cost an arm and a leg? Mainly looking for ones with curved blades.

Thanks for the links and the recommendations Tim, I'll read through the earlier posts in the links and start from there.

I purchased a scaping set from YNR instruments on ebay and they were under a tenner.
Very happy with it, and they have a nice weight to them.
4a8662699c3e347d5ef13e61f7fac876.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Upgraded to the tropica set from an ebay/amazon set and the difference is very noticable (especially comfort in using

I've no doubt upgrading to ADA would again be noticable but I can't quite justify that quite yet but the tropica set are great for now as a mid price option

Back