• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scapers tank advice ?

Jamie williams

Seedling
As above im looking to get my scapers tank running well ive just dry started the aquarium i want to keep , hemianthius , monte carlo and a few other plants once i fill the tank in a few weeks id like advice on how much light, co2 and supplements i should be using to avoid algae and promote growth . I have a co2 kit and indicator ready should i just use this to check im using the correct amount ? Also i have a 45 cm chi hiros a series light what would be the optimum setting and how many hours of light ? Is it worth dosing with liquid calcium aswell and is there anything else i should consider? Although ive always kept tropical fish forever ive never really gone mad on plants as i mostly keep cichlids thanks

Difficult question cause I don't see the whole picture: what about tap water specs, dosing regimen, dry-salts, hardscape etc.
But start with this:

Keep de dropchecker lemon green (in my scapers tank i haven 70 bubs per second)
dose your nutrient voor 3 weeks in half
chihiros is a bit overkill so start at 25% lights for prox 6 hours, every weak 30 min. longer untill 9 hours on prox 75%
liquid calcium? - just use liquid carbon instead
don't forget the WC - especialy with aqua soil..!

good luck :thumbup:

20170308_161519.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thats the tank il be using ro i keep alot of shrimp so ideally id like to remineralise with the supplements i use with them as eventually shrimp will be going in the tds is 150 once ive added that i ment carbon not calcium sorry . Also what bramd do u reckomend and what food thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don't know anything about shrimp and ro water.
What is do know is to be careful with liquid carbon for the health of the shrimps. Use a lot of moss: easy plants and shrimps love it

Don't know anything about shrimp and ro water.
What is do know is to be careful with liquid carbon for the health of the shrimps. Use a lot of moss: easy plants and shrimps love it

I keep loads of mosses in my low tech tanks . The shrimp arent a must in this tank i want a full carpet in there ive added riccia now. I just want to make sure the plants thrive

Back