• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

@howanic I know I couldnt believe it when I took the pics and looked back it's pretty amazing not done anything different just left the lights on 100% and it's not even a great light just a lil old chirios but hey

@Steve Buce it's the oase 250 thermo.and a old chirios it's about 5 years old now cant even remember what one it is when I brought the 60p I was going to sell the 45 with the filter a twinstar 450ei ended out selling the light no body wanted the tank ot filter so I kept them so glad I did to be honest the 45 is a great tank
When did you go to AG mate

@Steve Buce it's the oase 250 thermo.and a old chirios it's about 5 years old now cant even remember what one it is when I brought the 60p I was going to sell the 45 with the filter a twinstar 450ei ended out selling the light no body wanted the tank ot filter so I kept them so glad I did to be honest the 45 is a great tank
When did you go to AG mate

Went with Konrad couple of months back, might get oase 100 nano thermofilter for mine

So did maintenance properly on the 45 yesterday first trim and big clean happy with the stem growth mc/hc hasn't grown as much as I'd like but it will kick in I hope
20200411_094546.jpg
took the stems right back and replanted all the tops hopefully it will get a lot thicker and look better some gsa on the glass but I always get this no matter what I try so I just live with it not really a issue
20200412_091402.jpg

Looking good Jay. How far from the bottom of the stems did you trim them bud? Just trying to work out if I trim my stems too high up or not. Lol.

So does that GSA not get any worst than that? Suppose if it doesnt get out of control, gives it a more natural look right :D

Looking good Jay should fill in nicely

Dean

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

How far from the bottom of the stems did you trim them bud
I trimmed mine to about a inch mate the substrate is quiet high in the back of the rocks so wanted new shoots to grow from behind the rocks if that makes sense
So does that GSA not get any worst than that?
Just seems to stay mostly on the glass and not cover the plants unless I let it get bad on the glass does coat the rocks but only very slightly nothing that a tooth brush cant get off and it's only noticeable if I.leave it a couple of weeks but I generally brush the rocks every water change and tend to use my sand flatterner with kitchen roll to clean the glass maybe twice a week if it needs it only takes 5 mins in such a small tank

Yeah that makes sense. I think I need to start trimming mine a little further down :thumbup:

At least your keeping on top of it. You got anything in the tank that will munch on it to keep it back too?

Big maintenance again on the 60p finding it hard to keep the diatomes under control but I think I'm getting there found a lil bba on the very end of the wood I've moved the lily's to the other side to get a better flow seems to have helped and also made a new all in one mix of ferts using @Zeus. Fert calculator thanks for all the work you have put in to.it mate let's see how it goes I did make the mix a lot leaner than previous recipes and starting that from next week
IMG_20200416_094322_478.jpg

Big maintenance again on the 60p finding it hard to keep the diatomes under control but I think I'm getting there found a lil bba on the very end of the wood I've moved the lily's to the other side to get a better flow seems to have helped and also made a new all in one mix of ferts using @Zeus. Fert calculator thanks for all the work you have put in to.it mate let's see how it goes I did make the mix a lot leaner than previous recipes and starting that from next week View attachment 133605
J3⁷

Tank is looking great mate glad the diatoms are settling down

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back