• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape Contest Comments

Would you enter the UKAPS Hardscape Challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hardscape Challenge

We’ve been thinking that a hardscape challenge might be a fun idea to take folks minds off the virus and ease the boredom, and also add to the UKAPS community spirit :)

It'd be good to involve as many folk as possible so we could make it a sort of open event, all tank sizes, hardscape only challenge.

Prizes
As far as the prizes go, there could be a small entry fee via donation which could be used to fund 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes. Is £3.00 reasonable?

Judging
Ranking and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes could be awarded according to the number of likes over a given time period.

Well what do you think, would you be interested in entering, if only for the heck of it?

Cast your vote above. Also feel free to post comments and suggestions below ;)

I assume people can use an empty tank or sand box instead?

Hardscape can be anything, eg, sticks collected on your daily allocated stroll?
Yep that's all fine ;)

I think I this is a great we can all build a scape box if you dont have one already I or just use a cardboard box so no real excuses not to put a entry in and it is just a great bit of fun for £3 its win win if you ask me and I dont see why it couldnt become a bit of an annual event

I think I this is a great we can all build a scape box if you dont have one already I or just use a cardboard box so no real excuses not to put a entry in and it is just a great bit of fun for £3 its win win if you ask me and I dont see why it couldnt become a bit of an annual event

Exactly this. Could use cardboard for the box. And collect everything else from outdoors. So wont cost a penny bar the £3 entry fee. Opens it up for pretty much everybody to get involved then.

I believe LEGO’s are the preferred structure material
Got mine done, just need substrate.....
43887166-13ED-4628-8EBD-6874218E8112.jpeg

In all honesty, this was a consideration for my sons tank :D

Sounds like great fun, who doesn’t love scaping :artist::cool::D

Just an idea but prizes could be gift vouchers for AG so it supports one of our sponsors in these trying times or the scape recreated at AG in a tank that would be pretty special

they sound like really good ideas :thumbup:

Had a few ideas on this and being a 'horder' I have a garage full of all sorts, even have a 'terrarium' in there that son use to keep his lizards in. So should have plenty to work with.
Might even do it in a ''dystopian' theme.
Lots of ideas brewing ATM
Need to sort garage out first and the 'tip' is closed

@Tim Harrison So how do we move this forward say with an average of 10.000 member (dont know really just looked at new members introductions) could we get @George Farmer on board as the judge maybe do we set at setting a closing date of maybe 4 weeks away is that enough time
Do you start a sticky thread with the terms and conditions I know there isnt going to be many some where to post the pics of hardscape

I'd take part, happy to donate a prize too.

Back