• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Save the last Discus of Congo.

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all your good comments and cheering !!!
Really appreciate.
Tank is running very well for now.
Plants have success to do theirs transition from High CO2 to much lower CO2 and flow. Had some lost but it okay.
Fish are ok with CO2 I don't really want to push more as the fish are happy and plants are quite ok.
I will try to lower the light 5 cm to see if plants can handle this with this level of co2 and flow.

Cheers

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I really have to do some more food to vary its nutrition.
It is still eating the same since I have it ( fish, banana, green peas, carrots and spinach)

Or do you think it's ok like this

2061715762ce50ad9c6c1d331e559fef.jpg

3e49a9608b4f5df858acd0f6586b98ed.jpg

I really have to do some more food to vary its nutrition.
It is still eating the same since I have it ( fish, banana, green peas, carrots and spinach)

Or do you think it's ok like this

Hi I am very interested in this fish, banana, green peas, carrots and spinach food you are using. It seems to have done a great job in making your discus better. Can you tell us how you make this food, what type of fish are you using, are you cooking it all, blending it and freezing it or what. Can you show us a picture of what it looks like after you have made it and of you feeding it?
Well done on rescuing the discus, great job. Now he or she needs a mate.

Steve

Wow that title gave me (bad) memories of the movie last of the Mohicans.

Great work in nursing him back to health!

Hi members
I didn't post since soooo long so I decided to take some quick pictures to show how the discus is now. He has grow a lot and is in really good shape. His appetite is endless I can give him food 10 times a day and he will eat everything thing hahaha. Pushing his stomach to the limits, with a belly big as a golf ball hahaha.
The embers tetras are doing very well not a lost since I got them.
I was a bit lazy this two past months. I have a bit of diatoms and GSA. Only doing water change every two weeks , and not consistent on dosing salt, so plants have suffer a lots do algae. I have lost 60% of my Monte Carlo but since two weeks I am back on track with 2 WC per weeks.

e5dde2ff22e652dc44f16eb4c63fdff5.jpg

3685dd6718a5be47c0cb002fa8ea1783.jpg

fd59b6410f705f8e66529bdca0272722.jpg

82464fcb2ee4a385e7d8912f3930dcea.jpg

a56294df44fe7c77cf6e6caa141b1d9a.jpg

16aec3adcd25c986a137e43f13925a53.jpg

love these success stories, that discus is looking phenomenal.

I haven't kept discus, but got the impression they'd benefit from some mates? Could browse the local ads for cheap discus, if you felt you had the tank space to support them :)

love these success stories, that discus is looking phenomenal.

I haven't kept discus, but got the impression they'd benefit from some mates? Could browse the local ads for cheap discus, if you felt you had the tank space to support them :)

Hi thank you,
Yes I wish I can add some mates for him. But the problem is that I live in DR Congo and there is no discus here or even other import fishes. This discus came with a group of 6 other discus from China for a friend of mine and they all died after few weeks. So I decided to save this one and it is a success. But yeah he must be sad alone, but at least living a "good life".

Cheers

Hi I am very interested in this fish, banana, green peas, carrots and spinach food you are using. It seems to have done a great job in making your discus better. Can you tell us how you make this food, what type of fish are you using, are you cooking it all, blending it and freezing it or what. Can you show us a picture of what it looks like after you have made it and of you feeding it?
Well done on rescuing the discus, great job. Now he or she needs a mate.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Sorry I missed your message !!!
I use a fresh water fish for the food, I cook it with steam, same for the couregette, carrots green peas, for the spinach just boiling it in water. When everything is ready I just mix everything and pressed the mix with my hand, add the banana and pass it very few in the blender. This time I have add some gelatins leaves like that it will hold the food together when it is in the water. Also when the fish eat it he does a mess by pulling the food to pull apart pieces or he blows water on it and it does a mess in the water. Gelatins helps to avoid this.
Luckily most of these tiny pieces of food is eaten by the rasbora and the shrimps.

Cheers

Back