• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sat April 30th, meet @ a1Matts house

a1Matt

Event: House meet with lunch @ a1Matt's
Date: Sat 30th April
Time: midday start
Details: Bring yourself, bring some food and/or drink, bring some plants to swap, bring any other fishy bits. If the weather is nice we will eat in the garden. It's on a bank holiday weekend, so hopefully that means a few more people will be off work and be able to make it...

Nano scape-off! Small competition with the winner taking the winning scape and tank home (see details below).

Accommodation Details:
If anyone is travelling a long distance and needs an overnight stay pm me and we will see if we can work something out.
All spare beds are already taken at mine, but we might find another member nearby who can put you up, or failing that you can bring a sleeping bag and kip on the floor!

Travel details:
Nearest railway station: Elmstead Woods (from London Charing Cross, London Waterloo East, London Bridge).
PM me for exact address and directions from Railway.
There are also train routes coming to mine from London Victoria if that is an easier station for you to travel from.

Good man Steve :thumbup:
I'll get the attendees list started then :)

atendees:

a1Matt (host)
SteveUK

Scaping contest? You get 5 or 10 minutes to do hardscape. It then get's photographed and the next person has a go and so on. Then do a mini ballot at the end to decide the winner?

If someone has a tank to bring then I think the comp would be great fun :thumbup:

So, a little competition idea has been hatched. A nano scape-off! This all depends on how many people come along on the day really.

I'm going to provide a clearseal 12x8x8 and hopefully some sort of substrate (probably inert sand). I'll try to bring a little hardscape too.

There will be a £2 entry fee for the competition of which all proceeds will go to UKAPS and LKFC as a donation. The winner of the competition gets to walk away with the winning scape. We'll try to get one of Matt's LFS's to donate a little hardscape for the comp but if not I'll bring some bits and bobs myself.

I think a limited selection of hardscape should get the creative juices flowing!

If think I should be free to come along aswell.

I have tons of dragon stone so I'll bring some nano bits along, :)

Haha I didn't realise the tank came with,

Sooooold, I'll bring some stone along haha.

hehe. You'd be lucky :p

Last night I put one of my new luminaires on my AE nano, it looks really swish. Much nicer than arc pod lamp I was using before. Good bit brighter too.

How big will be this tank? I have some small pieces of manzi that I can bring also, but they are pretty small.

Also how you going to judge the winner? How will know know what has been used in the winning tank, since you will tear it down to start another one, etc... (I know I ask too many questions)

I think we are looking at a nano tank. Steve and I will thresh out the rest of the details and then post them up.

So far for hardscape\substrate we have...

some manzi from Paulo
dragon stone from Ryan
redmoor wood, and play sand from me.

Definitely enough to get us going, and not bad at all considering we only put the thread up a few hours ago :clap:

Going to be a proper decent meet this :)

Yeah I never thought of that Paulo. Haha

Back