• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sam's nano cube low-tech

Themuleous

Hi All,

Gareth spurred me on to do a short journal of my cube, which isn't planted but had plants if you see what I mean.

Tank - 30cm cube
Lighting - Boyu 3x8w
Substrate - Play sand
Hardscape - TGM blue stone
Plants - 60% Flame moss (just had a trim), 40% Fissidens fontanus
Fish - Green neon and Axelrod's rasbora
Filter - Eheim 2211 with glassware
Maintenance - No CO2 or ferts, just a 40-50% water change every few weeks as I remember it.

Not much else to say, so here are the pics :)

DSCF4922.jpg

DSCF4920.jpg

DSCF4924.jpg

DSCF4927.jpg

Sam

That's really really nice, Sam. Do you have any small redmoor style wood knocking around? Even hardwood roots from something like a cherry tree with the fine ariel roots would be the icing on the cake!

Thanks all :)

Krish's Bettas said:
I am loving the moss :D. How do you make it look so lush and green?

Cheers, no idea really just grows that wayI did chose moss as I didnt want much hassle with pruning or maintenance. The half decent lighting helps though I think.

bumcrumb said:
so simple but so cool! love the shape of the moss. ;)

Thanks :) I dont think it anything too 'impressive' but I like the overall composition. It was originally all flame moss which gave a nice consistency to the scape but I was offered some Fissidens so figured I'd give that a try as well. Its uber slow growing though!

Garuf said:
That's really really nice, Sam. Do you have any small redmoor style wood knocking around? Even hardwood roots from something like a cherry tree with the fine ariel roots would be the icing on the cake!

Thanks Gareth :) I do have some short lengths of redmoor wood that I picked up last time at TGM. How are you thinking I should use it them?

Sam

Ignore the terrible photoshop. Here's what I thought would pull it all together.
dscf4922.jpg

Seems a shame not to add wood.

Back