• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys sumatradriftwood scape

well there in now and settling in. it appears 2 of the 3 from last week have paired off. they swim together all the time now.

d2452f51.jpg

25a846c1.jpg

heres all 6. hopefully in a couple of days they'll
all be swimming more freely

06f16b76.jpg

oh, and i dont really know much about these but ive noticed there eating my snails frequently :D

yes tahnks ray i was searching albino angels on the net and seen theyre eyes

think their platinum angels theres some in my local trade that i am interested in

there platinum angels.

PM said:
Won't they get REALLY big?

20cm in height. by which time i'll have a 150cm tank :twisted:

for the six they cost £42 which for the amazing condition there in, was, i thought pretty good.

Really nice Mark. Guess the 'ghost' look has really tickled you :)

Glad you didn't go for the black ones, don't think they would look that great in your tank... in hindsight anyway ;)

I`ve been enjoying this tank without making comment for a while now, Mark, but am not overly keen on your choice of fish for this scape. The fish could become too dominant, and out of balance with the rest of the look, plus I am not too big a fan of hybrid fish myself.

Still, it`s your money and your choice. You certainly are mastering the art of aquascaping!

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I`ve been enjoying this tank without making comment for a while now, Mark, but am not overly keen on your choice of fish for this scape. The fish could become too dominant, and out of balance with the rest of the look, plus I am not too big a fan of hybrid fish myself.

fair comment dave. :D these fish were not specifically for this scape though. there for the next scape. i do see your point though. i was thinking the same thing realy this morning....when i change the scape agian (not this time around) i dont want to incorporate these fish, so i guess in the future i'll be selling them.

Dave Spencer said:
You certainly are mastering the art of aquascaping!

very kind thing to say. allthough i dont see it myself. it apears ive made many an error in the henge, and ive only chucked this scape together and then it was never a scape just a holding tank that looks ok.

but still kind of you to think it :D my first years scaping out of the way more to come ;)

joyous214 said:
Ive never had much luck with angel fish.

its still early days for me too.

ive had a trim of the stems. ive left the ones to the right as it creates a little area that the angels like to use. anyways heres some more pics of the angels.

the first pic is a bit unlucky cus i was shooting at 2.8 hence the fish going out of focus. oh well....
d237d729.jpg

edb058e5.jpg

eacf595f.jpg

ef8afd7c.jpg

thast it for angel photos. soon it will be total rescape time ;)

aaronnorth said:
what do you shoot at?

pigeons :D

f2.8. i like the depth it gives, but the downfall is it's limitations with depth of field. look at the six angels...the first one in focus and as they all sit at different depths (can be as narrow as a cm) the others are out of focus which is not pleasing. i shouldn't of posted the pic really :?

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
what do you shoot at?

pigeons :D

f2.8. i like the depth it gives, but the downfall is it's limitations with depth of field. look at the six angels...the first one in focus and as they all sit at different depths (can be as narrow as a cm) the others are out of focus which is not pleasing. i shouldn't of posted the pic really :?

:lol: thats a good one.

The bigger the aperture does the DOF increase?

Back