• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "savannah dreaming"

samc said:
i am not sure which i like more the last one or this.

well, this is a good question. not just for this scape, but for us all.

i got to thinking that i've probably got 5 or 6 layouts i'd like to do. i've got images of them all. but because were all limited to how many tanks we can churn out
then i thought, this is actually a hobby in which we'll never really achieve what we want to achieve.

not just for the fact we don't have loads of tanks at hand, even if we did, it then becomes limited by time. what strange hobby when you actually think about it. unlike any other art form, artist/painters musicians can create at will.

OK, i've decided :p

no moss on wood. i've put (purely to get a feel with plants) samc's anubias into the picture just to get a feel what plants may look like. to loose the wood IMO would be criminal. the wood has tried too and looks fab.

i gota say a huge thanks to Tom Barr for sending this gold dust over

IMG_1559-01.jpg

so my plants will be.

E acicualris
cryptsp. becketi (maybe)
anubias bonsai (minimal)
moss in cracks and around the base in general.

the left foreground will have grass creeping forward, but i need to think how I'm going to do it.

:woot: WOW. It looks amazing if i havent said already. Im going to buy the background for the marine tank im setting up. I know its blue photography background, bu what in particular and where exactly did you get it if you dont mind me asking? :oops:
But im not joking about the set up being really nice. I can't wait for my manzi wood. :D

OK, ready for a laugh?

i got bored and tried to be a bit clever. actually Graeme inspired me with the "fancy" writing :lol:

things are slowly coming together now. ;)

trial2copy.jpg

close to the finished article, but not quite

trial1.jpg

this mother will be full of moss!

thanks folks

I love it! I find the right peice of wood a little distracting but I can't put my finger on why though. Doesn't look quite right for me.

I really like your choice of plants too, this should be great!

Vito said:
Do you have a day job... All these tanks you keep coming up with!?

yup, a lead (metal) worker for my sins. as kid i'd take lead of roofs, now i'm older i get paid to put the damn stuff back :lol: OK, so i didn't really steal it.

you cant imagine how often i'll just scape an empty tank. over and over. it's the only way to improve. obsessive disorder?.... :lol: Damn right!!!!!!!!!

cheers guys.

How did i miss this awesome scape. I could not choose any of the themes, would want to do all of them.

Ohhh and that Peace Lilly is Huge :)

Very nice Mark, I wish I was still in the plant business it's made me really miss my tank and scaping. :( Love the layout, and the rock work. Impressive stuff as always!

Another 'Saintly Special' on the way :D Love the rock work Mark, and great to see the manzie being put to good use.

A little tip from me if I may .... I like to raise the camera slightly on the tripod so that the lens is exactly level with the top of the tank. That way you only see one top edge of the tank in the image, and it shows more of the ground work ;) :D

Look forward to the progress reports

Tony

chump54 said:
love this one, looking forward to the journal.

especially like the rock work and the wood pulls the whole scape together.
cheers chris, much appreciated. :)

Gill said:
Ohhh and that Peace Lilly is Huge :)
nature soil and EI :shh:

viktorlantos said:
Mark both the scape and the photo quality awesome. :thumbup:

getting closer to those bowens just FYI ;)

cheers my friend. You've got to get the bowens lights and show the real potential of your scapes.

Garuf said:
Very nice Mark, I wish I was still in the plant business it's made me really miss my tank and scaping. :( Love the layout, and the rock work. Impressive stuff as always!

you'll be back mate, i'm sure.

Dan Crawford said:
BOOM! Love the last layout Mark!

thanks Dan 8)

Tonser said:
Another 'Saintly Special' on the way :D Love the rock work Mark, and great to see the manzie being put to good use.

A little tip from me if I may .... I like to raise the camera slightly on the tripod so that the lens is exactly level with the top of the tank. That way you only see one top edge of the tank in the image, and it shows more of the ground work ;) :D

Look forward to the progress reports

and the guru him self.

Cheers Tony, thanks for the advice :thumbup: will work on it for sure. i'm still playing around with the lighting trying to accentuate areas bu positioning the lights ina certain way. notice the darker spot top right?...did it work? was trying to keep that area dark on purpose.

nature soil goes in shortly then i'll plant.

Back