• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's Pastel Shades

Tonser said:
I'd be interested to know what your tube selection is now ?

nothing special, i've been using osram 8800 for some time and dont get me wrong there good. i get good growth, but since using different tubes at MA i decided to swap to the same.

arcadia plant gro. it's quite warm in colour but great for defining colours in plants.

and a hagen power glo with a kelvin of 18,000. it's an amazing tube. great colour and my plants love it (or it appears as if they do apologies to the lighting experts in advance)

i'm putting this combo on my 4 footer for sure!

last pic....i just need to train the fish

practice3.jpg

saintly said:
arcadia plant gro. it's quite warm in colour but great for defining colours in plants.

and a hagen power glo with a kelvin of 18,000. it's an amazing tube. great colour and my plants love it

Thanks Mark - they're the tubes that came with my Osaka, so I look forward to trying them :D

Cheers

Tony

saintly said:
for anyone that might be remotely interested.... :?

changing 1 tube can bring on amazing growth. I've changed the combination to what I've got in MA scape and the difference is awesome. maybe not to everyone's tastes but it seems to work for me.

sorry to bore you with more photos, but I'm practising final shots. and looking to see how they might turn out. i didn't take out the kit, (you can see the lilly pipe still) but it is only practise.

preshootpractice2.jpg

lets hope the fish play on the day of photography

reminds me of an Amano tank/ picture :D

aaronnorth said:
reminds me of an Amano tank/ picture :D

cheers aaron. i plan on rescaping this tank shortly, maybe along the same lines as this but with liliaepsis in the front. and different stems in the rear. :D

i'm slowly beginning to get my head around the illusion of depth too.

Wow :D Thats a great picture.

Very talanted guy. You do have your eye on the ball with your scaping and photography.

When do you expect to take over from George at PFK ;) ( Only Kidding George )

:D

Mark

Mark Green said:
Wow :D Thats a great picture.

Very talanted guy. You do have your eye on the ball with your scaping and photography.

When do you expect to take over from George at PFK ;) ( Only Kidding George )

many thanks mark, but I'm a little way off George 8) but i do think, we scape in our own ways. George certainly has an individual look, that's for sure.

Mark Green said:
You do have your eye on the ball

it's becoming an obsession now, and it really does take most of my free time. even when i retire to bed, my mind is constantly thinking about how to scape the next tank, quite scary really.

i just wished i'd discovered this hobby sooner, better late than never i suppose.

after a trim of the stems. i'm leaving the front and will shape when the riccia has taken over completely. kinda in the style of amano.

just need the stems to really bush out now.

i'm not ripping it down now, as mum loves it :? .....i need to rescape it mum!

see my little lad ready to dive in?.... :lol:

_MG_9903-01.jpg

samc said:
tank looks a little overgrown but i quite like, it looks natural

it is, i was planning on ripping it down, so left it. mum didnt want it ripping down, so i'm back on trimming duty. i'll just give the foreground a real unnatural shape :lol:

if it were mine, i'd of ended it's life an age ago.

I like the overgrown look, should look good once you've got the scissors out though! Do the Guppies come out much? :lol:

heres the blyxa with a flower head, theres a couple of stems showing this....right in the center.

_MG_9979-01.jpg

and a little otto...

_MG_9982-01.jpg

TDI-line said:
I still can't see that flower.. :wideyed:
Looking lovely Mark.

I still can't see that flower.. :wideyed:

its the bud dan. in the middle on a stork.

i knew i should of circled it :lol:

George Farmer said:
Nowt wrong with fancy guppies!!

i like them, mum didnt. well she did then she didnt.... :wideyed:

George Farmer said:
I used to get them all the time. I never considered them as flowers, and figured they were just new plants on the end of runners...

thats what i thought, but aaron kindly put me on to the thread that ceg had. his were flowers and looked identical. you did actually reply to that thread saying something similar :D

i never considered the "runners" theory as its a stem plant. it is a strange thing i must admit.

Back