• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's 15l nano.

Mark Evans

Expert
this will be my smallest scape yet. It's to appear in the Superfish Aqua Qube 15L.

These things are just lovely. The light provided is a 11w lamp, which gives off a wonderful white light, as opposed to the warm/pink hue of an Arcadia arc lamp.

This journal is still in the basic stages, and the following layout is NOT the final composition. it's just to get the ball rolling so to speak.

empty.jpg

When I practise different layouts which include sand, I find pebbles mix with the sand resulting in a mess once finished practising. The simplest way to split them is to sieve it!.....simples :D

seperatingsandcusicantspellsifting.jpg

here's a basic layout for image purpose.

basiclayout.jpg

more images soon.

What do you think instead of everything straight in the middle to start from 1.3 of this tank.

it's possible :D

nice layout and tank there mark and the manzi looks cool too. Ive struggled to get some decent nano sized manzi bits.

Wouldnt mind seeing some pics of the light too but im sure youre going to post it in the future :)

PS, im with nelson, gorgeous colour on your nail varnish :D

cheers stu. i butched my good bits :? The things we do for a pic eh?.....

stuworrall said:
PS, i'm with nelson, gorgeous colour on your nail varnish :D

it's not every day a man gets to wear nail varnish and then make out it's his wife's hand in the image :lol:

beauty shots as always Mark. :thumbup:

is that lava stone (Fuji)? i really love the texture of it.
have a tons in our storage facility but never tried this. however one of the most exciting stones/textures. gives a natural feeling to the scape.

looking forward to the updates.

I think you need this ugly pieces of wood, otherwise it will probably a little bit boring scape. :D

Maurits said:
I think you need this ugly pieces of wood, otherwise it will probably a little bit boring scape. :D

i go Dutch maurits :p

Tonser said:
About time we had a Saintly Nano Mark :)

it's been bugging me for ages, i had to do it. :D

viktorlantos said:
is that lava stone (Fuji)? i really love the texture of it.

yep. quality stuff. i've seen 3 (new?) amano works featuring this stone, and i can only say there stunning!

AdAndrews said:
Would be nice to see, i'm sure you could pull it off :D

i'll try :angelic:

Hi Mark,
i just dont know where you find the time for these setup :crazy: ,i find it hard to get on the laptop at the moment because of work,i am looking forward to a first nano by one of my favourite aquascapers,
regards john.

john starkey said:
i find it hard to get on the laptop at the moment because of work,i am looking forward to a first nano by one of my favourite aquascapers,

what a kind thing to say mate, cheers john :oops: If i'm really honest, i dont think this will be too much of a time consumer. the whole image taking thing really is a doddle now. i'm also setting up my 60cm tank...ADA style. wood etc ferns....

George Farmer said:
Nice one! :thumbup:

May well be the first ever UK Dutch nano... On UKAPS, at least.

cheers george. i gota try something slightly different i guess, and get my hands on that lovely stem maurits had in his tank ;)

George Farmer said:
It's a great way to learn. Even if you don't like the end results, you'll have learnt somethings new that you can implement in the future.

too true.

Here stu worrall. just for you. image taken with just the 11w lamp. it's a lovely white tube.

tanklight.jpg

Really nice elements in this little setup Mark. I wish that that branch on the left side were not leaning up against the glass. Don't scratch your shiny new red nail polish on that lava rock.

hydrophyte said:
Really nice elements in this little setup Mark. I wish that that branch on the left side were not leaning up against the glass. Don't scratch your shiny new red nail polish on that lava rock.

:lol: i'll be careful. i may not be using the wood.

planter said:
These are great little tanks but I think I'd be tempted to take the silver corner trims off the top. Nice start ! :)

ive just had the same thought with my silver trimed arc tank, but im not sure what it would be like seen as the corners are curved, as are the ones on this tank.

Back